PDA

View Full Version : Indian camp creek brookies?

knucklehead
04-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Has anyone ever fished indian camp creek? went up albright loop today and wow. that creek is gorgeous. I almost brought my fly rod. should have. water appears really fishy. at least 2 miles up from trail head. thinking about hiking up to a bridge and then walking creek back down. just wondering if fishable....

bones
04-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Yes I've fished it. Seemed to hold fewer but larger fish than Cosby, and there were also more 'bows in the mix. As with most Smokies streams the further we made it up this creek the better it fished.

ccmmcc
04-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Funny you started this thread... I tried to find access to this creek last year but was not successful. Can anyone give me directions/instructions on how best to get to the creek? Thanks much, appreciate it.

knucklehead
04-16-2009, 11:55 PM
I go to the maddron bald trail head which is a few miles outside of g burg. i think the gabes mountain trail (from cosby area) will also get you there. head for albright grove. best of luck

sammcdonald
04-17-2009, 08:12 PM
turn at baxter lane....1 million old cars at the corner...bear right...when ya get to the gravel...bear right...read the signs about valuables and car clouts..that's the trail