PDA

View Full Version : Web Cam of Little River?

buckeyetrouter
04-16-2009, 10:41 AM
this may have been discussed before, just wondering what the possibilty of a web cam would be on Little River (say maybe at the "Y").....it sure would be nice for us fer'ners to be able to have a quick view of the river to cure our "work sucks but I'm glad I have a job" blues......

just curious.......

See Ya'll at Troutfest, save Abby & I some trout to catch......

bob

mtnman2888
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I would imagine that would be quite a bit of red tape to go through with the park service and putting it on government land and all. That's not to mention the cost to run a camera at a off site location, which i have no idea how much it would be.

It certainly would be nice to have a web cam of certain streams in the park though.

schitzngigglz
04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
It actually makes it worse to be able to see it when you are working. I took this picture a few minutes ago.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3556/3447359639_93ee75b4fd_b.jpg

Carolina Boy
04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Brutal...I'd go nuts.

buckeyetrouter
04-16-2009, 03:21 PM
don't know why Byron couldn't duct tape a cam to his hat while he checks the water in the park each morning.....sounds legit to me:biggrin:

Hey Giggles.....is your office really on the Little River????? Man, I think I would take a job separating used cigarette butts by amount smoked, brand & flavor if it would get me close to the river(s).....what keeps you from breaking thru the glass and going to the water....well, other than the need for food, mortgage, utilities.....etc...

If that pic is current, it is gonna be a long 4 wks for me until I get to see the Park......Come On Troutfest

Bob

Streamhound
04-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the photo Giggles. When you take lunch you could do some casting and that makes most of us envious.

I agree with Buckeye, Byron should don the "Cam Cap" every morning to give us a visual update too.

jeffnles1
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow,
If I had to look out over the river from my office, I don't think I'd ever get work done.

I spend enough time staring out the window wishing I was fishing already.:smile:

sammcdonald
04-16-2009, 04:54 PM
when i work at sugarlands and i see the deer on the lawn, the turkey in the trees, and the occasional bear wandering by....i'm greatful for where i work...no where better

schitzngigglz
04-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey Giggles.....is your office really on the Little River?????

Bob

That is the Watauga River. I just started fly fishing a few months ago and I am starting to think it was a bad idea. My productivity has gone way down. :redface:

Rick

Stonefly
04-16-2009, 05:57 PM
I've only fished the Watauga once, and the part I saw didn't look like that. That looks _nice_.

sb

schitzngigglz
04-17-2009, 07:08 AM
I've only fished the Watauga once, and the part I saw didn't look like that. That looks _nice_.

sb

You probably got out in the city if Watauga. It is about 1/4 mile upstream from here.

Rick