PDA

View Full Version : Water Temps?

pmike
04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks like we will be heading up to Townsend next week, arriving on Monday. I am curious about water temps and wet wading as opposed to bringing my waders? From a glance at the fishing report it appears the water temps are warm enough to wet wade, any thougths or suggestions?

Mike

nvr2L8
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Mike,

Wet wading vs. waders is kind of a personal preference. Through the last time I went (10 degrees cooler than now), I was still using waders for deeper wading like Little River. I much prefer wet wading because I just feel more mobile. At these water temps (in the 60 degree range) I love wet wading. Again, though, it's all in what each person is comfortable with.

pmike
04-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks Charlie,

Ya sound like a man after my own heart. I prefer to wet wade so long as it's possible. It seems to me that as long as the air temps are warm enough and the water isn't too cold, that I can get by wet wading and I prefer to also. I like being able to grab my rod and a few flies along with wading shoes, and being able to just hop in without alot of fuss.

Thanks,
Mike

mtnman2888
04-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Anyone been up in the higher elevations lately and taken the water temps? We are going to be fishing at 3,500'+ this weekend and figured it was still in the lower 50's up that high.