PDA

View Full Version : Lovin da springtime

Carolina Boy
05-13-2009, 10:34 PM
So I found a area to fish, that is very special to me, the water was not too high which i figured based on stream flow data, but it is as strong as i have seen this area flow in a few years. Bugs everywhere! man I saw ever size color crazy hatches and the trout were not really rising much, water a bit to strong i think. i caught a good # of fish missed a bunch and lond distance released a few. Had a sa--weet bow do bout 3 or 4 tail dances acting like a acrobat flying outta the water, so cool! Walked back at dusk and had to negotiate with a couple elk to let me pass, did i give it away? haha Tomorrow is gonna be sick cuz the water is gonna drop just enough and it is gonna be great and I will most certainly be there again. I love spring and i love not being in drought city.

Jswitow
05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
CB,
Did I meet you over on the Pigeon last year? If so, you gave me a rubber legged, olive colored streamer. White Toyota Tundra as I remember. Is that you?
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun over there at Cataloochee!
May meet you at Troutfest, plan on going Saturday pm.
Best,
John

Carolina Boy
05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Certainly possible man, I give flies away a bunch and sounds right. I got a Silver SUV now but had a yota pickup so maybe Sorry I missed you at troutfest, do you live in NC?