PDA

View Full Version : Low water Clinch

BraunTrout
06-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Good day on the Clinch. It was Kid's Fishing Day, so there was minimum flow. Even with low water, the trout seemed to like BHPT's. In about 2 hours, I picked up a dozen fish, mostly small. I did get a 15 incher into the net (and immediately back into the water). No pictures. It figures that the one day I didn't take the camera........ Stung about a dozen more. The herons seemed to think I had a good spot too. After I started picking up fish, more of them decided to pay a visit close by. Plus a gaggle of Canadas thought they'd pay a visit, too. A couple dozen swam by and fortunately did not foul my fishing. I didn't try any other flies. The Pheasant Tails worked well enough.

Flat Fly n
06-07-2009, 03:19 PM
First post and hopefully many more.

What were you using?

PS. Heart surgeons are like glorified plumbers ain't they? Clogged pipe here, reroute another?

MadisonBoats
06-07-2009, 05:56 PM
BraunTrout
Give me a shout next time you plan to fish the Clinch. It is a great river and very easy to fish. Sometimes it is like fishing in a bucket if you just want to catch quantity.

However, like most trout - it is very aligned with the entomology cycle. If you follow it; then you are on the fish all the time....