PDA

View Full Version : SoHo

silvercreek
06-15-2009, 09:18 AM
This weekend was my first trip to the SoHo. We could not have picked a worst weekend for generation since I started following the generation schedule in March of this year. Got there too late at night to fish friday. Saturday morning we finally got to a very foggy section of the stream a ways below the bridge at Emmett. Found a few risers and caught four on a sulfur emerger. Bigggest was a bow about 12 inches. Picked up a similar size brown feeding in slack water on a midge. My friend was fishing a small dark brown caddis and was getting a lot of hits, but he could not get a hook up. I had left my caddis behind. We tried to fish around 8:30 pm as the water went down. I saw a number of sulfurs in the air above the fog, but did not see any on the water. I suspect they may have been spinners. But could not get a close enough look to tell. It was very foggy from the cold water, and Moby Dick could have been rising 25 yards away, and I would not have seen him. Sunday morning yieled very little for me. Just one hit. My buddy fishing where I had been the other morning caught about ten small trout. If I go again, I'm definetly going to find a stoney or gravelly bottom as I hate that bedrock bottom. Just too much rain and consequent generation for a good trip.

wynnsman
06-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Its funny how the Soho is hit or miss sometimes.....Ive found when they wont take he flies very good, ill throw a streamer,,especially after a rainfall....Did you throw any spit cases?

silvercreek
06-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Naw. I'm pretty much dry fly all the way. The hatches are what drew me to the SoHo in the first place. I think we could have done well if we had had tiem to wade fish with the water down.