PDA

View Full Version : New category?

Vern
06-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I am sitting at work planning a float trip instead of working, that means a short lunch today. But I am trying to find information on a float trip on the Harpth river here in Nashville, and with all the interest in warm water fishing and the kayakers that are on this board, I was wonder of what other board members would think of a float trip category? Or just post on the warm water category?

MadisonBoats
06-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I spoke with Paula and Byron about subdividing the Rivers too; but, I think that idea got tabled...

Paula Begley
06-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I just haven't had a chance to do the rivers thing. It's going to take me a while. I promise to get to it. I think the float trips could go under the individual rivers.

Paula

MadisonBoats
06-19-2009, 10:34 AM
No worries Paula! I cannot imagine how much work is behind the scenes...

I appreciate all of your efforts to present such a nice forum...

flyman
06-20-2009, 11:50 AM
So I guess topics like bonsai gardening, origami, and midget wrestling are out of the question? :biggrin:

Paula Begley
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
So I guess topics like bonsai gardening, origami, and midget wrestling are out of the question? :biggrin:

You are free to submit any ideas you wish for additional forums. :cool:

Paula

nvr2L8
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
That boy ain't right.

Worrgamesguy
06-26-2009, 02:49 AM
I think we need a General Discussion section, and an Off Topic. The general discussion could help beginners like me plan meals, trips, and learn stuff associated with fishing while not talking about fishing. The Off Topic could bring a boom in posters, and lure the lurkers into controversial topics such as college football :rolleyes:

Paula Begley
06-26-2009, 08:48 AM
I think we need a General Discussion section, and an Off Topic. The general discussion could help beginners like me plan meals, trips, and learn stuff associated with fishing while not talking about fishing. The Off Topic could bring a boom in posters, and lure the lurkers into controversial topics such as college football :rolleyes:

Trey

I think I've got quite enough on my hands without trying to moderate a forum on college football, but thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Paula

Worrgamesguy
06-26-2009, 02:33 PM
It doesn't have to be about football, or anything specific. It could be stuff like "What is your favorite drink?" and people would reply- Mountain Dew, Sweet Tea, Water, etc. I think it would be a great way to keep posters active, and it could ultimately increase your sales. While browsing the OT, they get bored, and look at the web page. "Oh cool, there's an online catalog. I could use some new materials, I wonder if they have..."

:cool:

If not, a GD would be perfect.

flyman
06-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Trey

I think I've got quite enough on my hands without trying to moderate a forum on college football, but thanks for the suggestion." ;)

Paula

She's not just a pretty face, she's smart to :biggrin: She's got plently to take care of all ready. I think Byron would be a full time job ;) Plus I'll always remember a famous quote about games with a ball by one of our founding fathers I heard years ago when I was paying far more attention to that type of thing than I should have been.:rolleyes:

"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind." Thomas Jefferson

David Dornblaser
07-04-2009, 09:47 PM
If I may, I would suggest that the more sub-division a message board has the more of the following that it has as well: too much information given about specific bodies of waters. If there is a forum just about one stream/river/etc, it is natural to increase the detail of the posts. Second, too much confusion for newbies who want to post basic questions. If they plan on fishing two streams, were do they post?

Just a thought.

- David

Troutman
07-08-2009, 01:06 PM
How about a watercraft section?
A place to talk about boats, canoes, kayaks, toons etc.
Lots of good info. can be shared about purchasing, setup, rigging and fishing from different platforms. I know there are several very experienced boaters on here.

Worrgamesguy
07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
She's not just a pretty face, she's smart to :biggrin: She's got plently to take care of all ready. I think Byron would be a full time job ;) Plus I'll always remember a famous quote about games with a ball by one of our founding fathers I heard years ago when I was paying far more attention to that type of thing than I should have been.:rolleyes:

"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind." Thomas Jefferson

Ironic that you post that, Jefferson is one of my relatives.

If I may, I would suggest that the more sub-division a message board has the more of the following that it has as well: too much information given about specific bodies of waters. If there is a forum just about one stream/river/etc, it is natural to increase the detail of the posts. Second, too much confusion for newbies who want to post basic questions. If they plan on fishing two streams, were do they post?

Just a thought.

- David

A general discussion thread.