PDA

View Full Version : TVA's Racking Up The Kilowatts...

MadisonBoats
06-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Can you not generate at night and store the energy...?

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=90841&catid=2

BlueRaiderFan
06-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't think they are set up for that. I believe they generate at peak hours and when other nearby states need it, or when they just need to rid themselves of water, but their added watts allows a plant somehwhere to burn less coal, even when they are only generation to lower water levels. At least I think it works that way.

fourx
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I just checked the "Water God's" website and the Clinch and Soho are looking dire for this weekend. These new storms should have the Park fishing good by sat. though.

4X

gutshot
06-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Can you not generate at night and store the energy...?

Nope. Not a possibility.

waterwolf
06-18-2009, 11:27 PM
It is not about power, it is about the massive rainfall this week in the headwaters of the reservoirs. Look at the graphs on their website, and then notice how it relates to water flows. Also, starting mid-July as always they will ramp up discharges to provide the required CFS downstream as well as cooling water.

So much disinformation out there it is scary. You all do realize that unless dire circumstances arise TVA will stick to their rec. flows on the Clinch?

MadisonBoats
06-19-2009, 09:40 AM
So much disinformation out there it is scary. You all do realize that unless dire circumstances arise TVA will stick to their rec. flows on the Clinch?

Waterwolf? Can you explain...? I am slow at times:biggrin:

*I was just curious why they could not generate at night and sell the power to the Northeast or some other large city. I understand how the releases are all interconnected to maintain flow and containment.

**My Ex-Wife works for TVA's waterway division and she used to fill me in on this stuff...:frown: Now, it is only when she wants to be nice...