PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer to forum

Jim Casada
06-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Greetings fellow anglers--While I normally avoid forums for the simple reason they are too tempting, this one finally hooked me (and it wasn't barbless). While researching various tidbits for my forthcoming book, "Fly Fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park; An Insider's Guide to a Pursuit of Passion," my Google searches on place names and the like kept sending me to the forum. Then too, Byron has been most gracious in helping me in various ways with the book, including an encomium for the back cover, and I love his monthly newsletter. The long and short of it is that I finally took the forum fly. I made my first posting earlier today and will no doubt visit more regularly than I have in the past. All I can offer is a lot of opinions and a lifetime of experience fishing streams of the Smokies (and roughly 30 years of writing about them). Incidentally, my book will be out sometime this fall, and interested parties can learn more at my website (www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com (http://www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com)). Jim Casada

PeteCz
06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome Jim! I've enjoyed your writings about streams inside and outside the Park for several years. Thanks for joining us.

pineman19
06-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Hello,

I took the beginners flyfishing class you used to teach at Sugarlands around 8yrs ago. I look forward to reading your book when it's completed. I am sure it will be well researched and offer more than just flyfishing opportunities that are available in the Park.

Neal

Hal M
06-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the board. I've chatted with you for several years at the Charlotte Show and attended your seminars. I'm glad you are a part of the forum. Lots of good people on board.

Hal M
NC

JoeFred
06-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Jim, I'm honored you've joined us and I look foward to your posts.

JoeFred

out4trout
07-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Welcome aboard Jim,
I took the forum hook a couple years ago but life has, at times, gotten in the way of my time here on the board. Lately, I am trying to spend a little more time here on the board because I do enjoy the company of those who post and I am always looking to learn something new. Having said this, I look forward to reading your post, buying your book and learning from you.
Brian

MadisonBoats
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Welcome Jim!

Remember to give back what is given to you in the early stages and your fly fishing experience will blossom...