PDA

View Full Version : Free Campsite at Smokemont

BlueRaiderFan
06-23-2009, 07:25 PM
On July 3rd and 4th. I've paid for it, but decided to stay in a hotel due to the heat (wife would be grumpy the whole time). First person to reply to the thread that wants it, gets it.

BRF

pineman19
06-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey, do I count, LOL. If it's not already taken I would love the opportunity to fish the Bradley for free that weekend.

Neal

BlueRaiderFan
06-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Yep, you count too:smile: Here's the info:

Reservation # 2-9106090 Campground: SMOKEMONT
Site: B036
Loop: Loop B & C
State: North Carolina
Region: SER
Arrival Date: Fri Jul 3 2009
Departure Date: Sun Jul 5 2009
Length of Stay: 2
# of Occupants: 2
Equipment:
# of Vehicles: 1
Check-In Time: 1:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Have fun!

pineman19
06-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks a bunch. Bradley Fork has been on my to do list of streams to fish this season. Last time I fished it was in October 2007 when it was just a trickle up around Cabin Flats and it wasn't worth the long walk except the nice scenery. Let me know if you want to get together to fish any that weekend. Water levels shouldn't be too high since it seems the NC side has been getting less of a deluge than the TN side.

Neal

BlueRaiderFan
06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Will do...The wife is with me, but I may try it, BTW Full name is David D Gresham.

pineman19
06-24-2009, 07:43 PM
David,

Can you shoot me an email at pineman19@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Neal

Jim Casada
06-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey, do I count, LOL. If it's not already taken I would love the opportunity to fish the Bradley for free that weekend.

Neal
Neal--While you are there, give considerable thought to driving two or three miles above Kephart Prong on Hwy. 441, pulling into one of the pull-offs, and walking down to Beech Flats Prong (headwaters of Luftee). It will only be a couple hundred yards. I virtually guarantee you'll catch a nice mixture of specks and rainbows. You can fish as far as you wish and just climb back out to 441 (mostly open woods) and walk back alongside the road to your vehicle. It's a special place that is easily accessible but gets realitvley little fishing. I'm probably a fool for posting this, but all the info is in my forthcoming book and this is one of the easiest places in the Park to get back of beyond. Jim Casada

pineman19
06-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks Jim. I have fished the lower portion, I think I would enjoy the upper reaches more, especially with water levels being good for this time of year.

Neal

tennswede
06-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Caught two real gems at the mouth of Kanati Fork in 1998. Labor Day weekend, both specs pushed 10". Another good spot is Collins Creek. For folks who are worried about giving out info, don't worry about Collins Creek. Most people will take a look at it and say, Not for me, if they just knew....

pineman19
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Hans! We need to talk. You're only supposed to disclose these "secret areas" to me and your ole buddy from the Creel.

tennswede
06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Neal,

Haven't heard from my KY friend. I don't know if he saw my email reply or not. However, I will know tomorrow after 6 PM or so. I have another person interested in a trip to another spot if the first trip doesn't pan out. I'll call you tomorrow night.