PDA

View Full Version : Red River Gorge- Indian Creek Closed

Kytroutbum
06-24-2009, 07:26 AM
The road from the Nada area of the Red River Gorge to Indian Creek was closed on the June 22 for 90 days to replace a bridge. I don't think you can get close to trout water. There are other roads in the Indian Creek area that are closed also. If you know a back way you should check to see if it is accessable.

As an aside, I was spending a afternoon hiking and the gorge was literally filled with folks. We saw more people there than ever before and on a Tuesday also.

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum

Ky Tim
07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Sounds like it will open in time for the catch and release season in October. Here is a segment from Kentucky Afield showing them stocking there. I would like to volunteer and do that sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRAQ3KQU6XI

kytroutman
07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Tim, contact Chris Shaunessy (sp?) with the Trout Unlimited in KY. He often has the program schedules for the stockings. Unfortunately, when we have stocked, we often passed people coming with their corn and nightcrawlers on our way back to the fish trucks.

Dukee
07-05-2009, 10:12 PM
That can be real discouraging on a stocked stream, I wish more stocked KY streams were DH. Trammel fork gets hammered by local bait chuckers on stocking day. Few fish make it more than a day or two.

Ky Tim
07-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Tim, contact Chris Shaunessy (sp?) with the Trout Unlimited in KY. He often has the program schedules for the stockings. Unfortunately, when we have stocked, we often passed people coming with their corn and nightcrawlers on our way back to the fish trucks.

I will get in touch with him sometime.

I once went to Lynn Camp on stocking day and the area near the bridge was crowded with bait fisherman waiting on the truck. One person even used a cell phone to call KDFWR in Frankfort to make sure the truck was running on time lol!