PDA

View Full Version : Soque River, Batesville Georgia

shouldofbeenhereyesterday
06-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Has anyone fished the private section of the Soque River that is owned by Blackhawk fishing? If so, how was your experience?
Thanks,
Andy

rbaileydav
06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
have taken clients there numerous times........ if you are after catching unnaturally large fish .......... and a lot of em........ it is a lot of fun....... not a natural fishing experience ........ pellet fed pigs ......... but a lot of fun if you recognize it for what it is........

DD

Jswitow
08-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Ditto that on the pigs! My brother-in-law and I each landed 20-25 fish that day, smallest was probably 16". We each caught 4 fish 10lb or better. Hooked (and straightened the hook) one that likely would have gone 15 lb, a good 30" fish! They are what they are though, well fed and mostly pretty fish, seemed to be all females. I have wondered how the droughts of the previous couple of years affected them. Would have thought it would have been bad. They grow fast though on Trout Chow! And this year the water has been good, on levels and temps.

They'll make you hire a guide your first visit, which isn't bad, he/she will shorten the learning curve, net your fish, and take your pix! Our guide was an older gent named Gene Roberts, super nice and knowledgeable. Wish I had some of those pix loaded!
Best,
John