PDA

View Full Version : Greeneville Greatings

prosigna
07-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi. I am brand new to the forum and to fly-fishing. I picked up a 7'6" 4-wt rod and some flies and hit Paint Creek last Saturday. I have no idea what I am doing but I had a blast and caught three or four fingerling small mouths and one 6-8" bow.

I mostly wanted to fish the tiny creeks around here and in the Smokys where I backpack a lot.

rivergal
07-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I am old, but new here. I have found that the fish do not know or care who is on the other end of the line. I have learned a lot by reading posts along with trial and error. I never allow incompetence stand in my way when I want to do something. I caught a trout the first time I ever used a fly rod, and had no idea what I was doing. Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then.

nvr2L8
07-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm with you, rivergal. What many of us lack in skill, we make for in persistence.

Prosigna, welcome to the board! Glad to have you with us.

JoeFred
07-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Welcome, prosigna.

I've gotten to fish Paint Creek a time or two. As to tiny streams in the park, I can help you navigate to 100s of them via the maps linked below. Now as to where the fish are, and what they're dining on, you can rely on the real experts on this great message board.

JF