PDA

View Full Version : A not so new, new guy

52 trout
07-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Greetings to one and all! I'm writing from your easter flank...over in Hendersonville NC, and I've been a casual visitor to the forum for some time. In fact, I probably met many of you at Troutfest as I was exhibiting my artwork. Not sure what I'll be able to contribute to the forum, but I am sure that I will gain a lot of knowledge and info from the rest of you.
If you get a chance I hope you'll take a peek at my blog and website.
In the meantime...Fish on!
Alan
www.52trout.blogspot.com (http://www.52trout.blogspot.com)
www.clearwatermemories/com (http://www.clearwatermemories/com)

MadisonBoats
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome Friend!

bigpopper
07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the board!

Kytroutbum
07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure we met at Trout Fest. My brother was the fish carver- down by the port-a-potti's(:>) I spent most of my time back in the fly tyers tent. Just scanned your blog and saw the June post about Little Moose and the Beartooth. I've fished it about 2 out of 3 years for about the last 15. I usually overnight from Island Lake into Mont to Albino for Cutts. Going to post a site you'll appreciate . I heading out there August 1st for about 4-6 weeks depends on the snow. http://sharpei.home.bresnan.net/brookieland_pt2.html Check out the IVY Lake Day Hike.
Where the mosquito's bad- used to drive out crazy in July so we've been waiting till August.

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum

PeteCz
07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Randall that's a great site with some outstanding looking places to fish...

Kytroutbum
07-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Its strange to fish in a place where Brookies are a "Trash fish". The limits here were 6 Trout over 8 inches and 20 Brookies under 8. The Folks up there actually encourage it. We catch and release the larger fish in the lakes, the catch and keep "Breakfast Fish" during the walk out. Folks up there say if you tinkle along the edge of a lake, Brookies will try to run up it.
A unique place, seldom see another fisherman. I've got a video of a 4-5 inch snow fall on August 1st in our camp. I've had Mountain Goats walk through camp. Charles Krault called this one of the most beautiful areas he traveled. Only about 1/2 hour from Yellowstone but no crowds. I, also, fish some streams that originate on the other side of the mountin from the Lamarr System. 23 Days and counting

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum

52 trout
07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Randall...Oh my gosh! As I scrooled down to the second photo I thought, "Isn't that Lonesome Mountain?" It's not often that I run across someone in the southeast that knows that area. Thanks for sharing the photos! Sometime soon I'll be posting a story on my blog about an attempted climb up that peak...and the pack trip that led us there. As you could tell by my Little Moose posting, it was a few days ago...quiet a few!
Alan
www.52trout.blogspot.com (http://www.52trout.blogspot.com)

doghaircaddis
07-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the board. That's a nice site you've put together.

Kytrout, I'll be around Crystal, Felis, Cloverleafs and others in 2 weeks. Albino should be in great shape this year. It's an amazing place.

Kytroutbum
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm leaving the 31st, going to hike and bird with wife in Badlands and Black Hills then pull into Cody and hope to fish No. & So. forks of Shoshone over the Weekend. Will Camp at Hunter Peak Campground on Chief Joesph Hwy near Beartooth Hwy Junc. Aug 10th. Plan on spending 2weeks camped there- fish Clarks Fork of Yell. Crandall Creek and the Beartooth High lakes. When time is done there move to Crazy Creek or Fox Creek Campground closer to Cooke City- then still fish the Lakes and hit the Lamar and Slough in YNP. Probably leave sometime after Labor Day- Depending upon weather, tentative side trip to Bighorn on the way back. (Two years ago, the week after Labor Day, we got snow and wind was so bad the I used my wife's spinning gear and had the wind hit the line so bad it pulled the hooks out of "Goldens")

I'm going to check out the lakes above Beartooth Lake this time. Want to do Albino ,Jasper and Golden above Island Lake really bad but my brother can't make this trip so I only have my wife with me. Albino is a long day hike for me, need to camp up there. So if the weather holds and I get my mountain legs back, I might try a long day hike into it toward Labor Day.

My brother and I used to go up there mid to late July, while I was teaching, and got carried off by the mosquitoes (used bug suits at times), and had a lot of problems with some late snow melt on Crandall and Sunlight. August is better for me now- no mosquitoes!

If you are up there and see a black F-150 with Silver topper, Ky Plates and Flyfish the Smokies plate holder0 stop by and say hi!

Boy- retirement is great!! Who says this boy ain't a real Troutbum(:>)

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum

PeteCz
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Randall, that's an awesome itinerary...I think I need to retire!!

You need to change your forum name to MTWYTroutbumfromKY

Have fun, we'll be looking for an extensive report when you get back...

Kytroutbum
07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
My payoff for surviving 35 years of teaching "MIDDLE SCHOOL" Science. Bro Griz is nothing compared to 30 7th graders.