PDA

View Full Version : Florida June 2010

Tater
07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
My family and I are thinking of going to Florida at the end of May to around mid to late June. This is going to be a family trip celebrating my younger brothers high school graduation. I was wondering where some good locations would be and if there was any public access to some flats wading and surf fishing? Also what kind of fish are going to be moving through at that time?

Thanks
Travis

Tarheelflyfishing
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
The REALLY good tarpon fishing is closing to an end, but this usually means the tarpon are still eating and there are fish there, but the tarpon fishing crowds are long gone. If you are going to the Keys, Bonefishing is great from Key Largo on down to Key West and the Marquesas. The Permit are finished spawning in most places and should be on the flats. There should be access points around Biscayne Bay and the Turkey Point Flats...

Carolina Boy
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Check out the March/April issue of Do-it yourself flats fishing in the Keys http://www.matchthehatch.com/OnlineStore/Eastern-MarchApril-2009-P142C3.aspx

Good tips in there where in Fla are you going?

Flyfishjeep
07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Give us a little more detail on exactly where you're going, and we can try to give you more accurate advice.
Either way it sounds like it will be a fun trip.

Kytroutbum
07-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Where are you going in Fla.? If the Keys, that time of the year, the bones are hammered pretty good. GET A GUIDE! It'll be worth it. I don't say that lightly either. The places like the Bahamas, etc. are completely different than Keys Bonefish!

The Ft. Myers Area, Sanibel should have lots of Snook running off the Surf along the beaches. I didn't make it to harass them last winter(:>). Space Coast has Sea Trout, Reds in the Mosquito Lagoon and Rivers. The Glades full of bass and Mosquitoes.

Big State Let us know where your heading.

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum

out4trout
07-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I've had some fun with trout in the shallows off Fort DeSoto Park. It is just south of Tampa/St. Pete. Where are you heading to?
Brian