PDA

View Full Version : Holston access

fourx
07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey ya'll,
I've been avidly fishing our east TN tailwaters for somewhere around 20yrs. now.
Oddly enough I've never fished the Holston. I have fished the S. Holston, Caney, Clinch, and Watauga quite a few times.
So, my question is: What is the best access for a wade fisherman in the summer? I've heard that the water at Nance's Ferry is too warm this time of year? Does anyone have a link to an access map?
I've heard too many possitive comments to overlook this river anymore.

Thanks in advance,
4X

waterwolf
07-27-2009, 03:50 PM
The water is still fine for now at Nance's, give me a buzz or shoot me an e-mail and I will pass on some info that I am not willing to smather all over the internet for the masses to glean.

Grannyknot
07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Fourx, have you tried walking the 1/2 mile or so down the bank from the dam to the upper shoals?

Ian Rutter's book "Tennessee Trout Waters" describes the access to this area in pretty good detail.

fourx
07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
The water is still fine for now at Nance's, give me a buzz or shoot me an e-mail and I will pass on some info that I am not willing to smather all over the internet for the masses to glean.
Email me young Jim as I do not have your's (thestaabs@hotmail.com).
You used the word "smathered" again.
Sincerely,
Dr. Staab AKA 4X

waterwolf
07-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Email me young Jim as I do not have your's (thestaabs@hotmail.com).
You used the word "smathered" again.
Sincerely,
Dr. Staab AKA 4X

E-mail sent, I had plenty of other words in mind but they were far from being politically correct or free of profanity.:biggrin: