PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the Clinch Wide Open - Mihai and Jhorge

MadisonBoats
07-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Well,
I just finished a five-day round-up of fishing the Clinch with fellow LRO Message Board Member Mihai and his friend Jhorge. Both are living in FL and from Romania. We fished about 5-8 hours each day and landed about 300 fish over their time in TN. Thankfully, the weather cooperated and so did the fish.:biggrin:

Mihai turned me on to a fly tool that I am absolutely in love with...this thing has saved me so much time and I will be buying it for gifts this Christmas.

I will add some pics to this post once I have them resized and uploaded...

monktrout
07-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Shawn, What a great time you guys maust have had. You were a good ambassador for your visitors. Plan to fish the Clinch on Friday. What did you learn from your bounty of trout and what can you teach us?
Monk

ajh10567
07-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Hey I met two guys from Europe a couple of months ago up at the weir dam, and he was fishing with a really long fly rod looking thing. It was like 13 feet long, and he didnt cast it like a fly rod. He said thats what people fish with a lot in Europe . Is this the fly fising tool that you are talking about?

MadisonBoats
07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey I met two guys from Europe a couple of months ago up at the weir dam, and he was fishing with a really long fly rod looking thing. It was like 13 feet long, and he didnt cast it like a fly rod. He said thats what people fish with a lot in Europe . Is this the fly fising tool that you are talking about?

No, that was not it or them... Interesting topic though...

Mihai gave me a Cinch Tie Tool. I have a hard time changing flies. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to do this... With this tool; I can do it in less than a minute now and save my line too. I find it helps to make a very nice knot and keeps the tippet from teasing...Many of you may already use this; but, it is new to me and I absolutely love it...

Check out the video and see how easy it is to use. Note, he does leave a lot of wasted line on his video - I think it is just for demonstration purposes anyway...
http://www.cinchtie.com/New_Folder/PC030154.MOV

http://www.cinchtie.com/Cinch_tie_knot_tyer.htm