PDA

View Full Version : Tybee Island near Savanah Ga.

No Hackle
07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
has anyone have any info on the fishing, I'll be going sometime near May of 2010. Any guides to reccomend or what to expect.
Thanks, Lynn

MadisonBoats
07-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I had one of the worst experiences in my life on that island. There is a kayak rental place once you enter the main part of the island on the right side of the road. The lady that runs it is very nice and you can fish back in the backwater areas for fairly cheap. The only thing to watch for is the wind.

Kytroutbum
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
My son used to work on the Island- Lots of reds in area grasses. WATCH THE TIDE if you walk out to the channel on the far end of the island the tide RISES HIGH AND QUICKLY. The area near the breakwater is/was lower than the sand bars. I was casting in the channel once and a local came by and told me to get out fast- water was waist deep by the time I got out!

Randall Sale
the Kytroutbum

24 hours to WEST

No Hackle
07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys I'm going to take my dad so I want to get into some fish. I was hoping to do some wading. I really dont know much about tides, so any info is great. Thanks again for your time and if you have any thing to add would be great.
peace out, Lynn