PDA

View Full Version : Clinch anyone

jamorga1
08-04-2009, 02:31 PM
was going to try to fish the clinch tom morning and would love some company if anyone wants to go with me. give me a shout...

John
(214)232-9720

jamorga1
08-04-2009, 05:43 PM
due to the weather tom i am going to go on thursday. if anyone would like to go give m a shout

David Knapp
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
due to the weather tom i am going to go on thursday.

Bad weather = Good fishing...:biggrin:

ttas67
08-04-2009, 10:42 PM
what time you gonna go? depending on how lazy I feel, I might go....

jamorga1
08-04-2009, 11:31 PM
well depending on the generation i was hopfully going to go in the morning. let me know if ya want to go or if anyone else wants to

sam barbee
08-05-2009, 03:32 AM
i fished today the miller island caught some fish but there was some many rude spin real fisherman that it just made me want to leave. if you go bring your emeger patterns.

ChemEAngler
08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
They were killing the usual summer patterns on Saturday. Wish I could go, but work has me pretty busy right now. One other guy downstream was also having a lot of success, but a couple other guys were having a really tough day...

MadisonBoats
08-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Travis,
They seem to be killing everything right now...If you have a good presentation and drift; I think most are doing well.

Remember that your landing zone has about an 8 foot diameter spook zone and that you will need to allow the drift to give you the optimal strike zone. That being said; the line and leader should not sink, drag the fly, or tangle.

Keep top water flies dry and presentable.

Mend any sloppy tippet with your line mender too...

Off to the river...:biggrin:

ChemEAngler
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Travis,
If you have a good presentation and drift; I think most are doing well.

Mend any sloppy tippet with your line mender too...

Off to the river...:biggrin:

Agreed 100%. That is the biggest problem I saw with those not catching on Saturday. Poor casting, huge indicators, and absolutely zero mending. That is a recipe for a long day on the Clinch...

We still need to meet up sometime and do a float. :smile:

ttas67
08-06-2009, 02:04 PM
fished this morning. the weir was a zoo (does nobody have a job anymore?), so I headed to miller's island where I had the whole place to myself. Got into some good dry fly action then finished up the day swinging soft hackles. due to spending alot of the summer in CO and then coming back and spending too much time screwing around with various warmwater species, I haven't actually gotten a chance to get out and fish sulphur dries this year, so it was pretty satisfying! Also, it's been a while since I didn't have either some split shot, or something very clunky on the end of my line, so it was a blast just tying on a dry and throwing some tight loops. I think it's time to break out the old split cane.

MadisonBoats
08-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Ok, really; no one has jobs anymore - so why not fish:biggrin:?

The Weir is always fish on and easy to fish. However, the size is annoying at times and just taking the fish off can get tiring. It is a good place to practice and to be productive if your a rusty.

Fished yesterday and it was productive.

Found a nice William Joseph Vest and high-end net with tons of flies and goodies inside. Luckily the owner had his fishing license inside. I called his number to make sure he was alright and found out that he had flipped his canoe the day before with his kids. Everything came out OK, but, he lost his rod and pack.

Luckily, I found it in time to get him home and dry all of his flies out and equipment before it rusted or bled on to other flies. Returned it to its owner late last night...

Remember to write your name on your fly-boxes and gear. I find stuff all the time and I cannot return it to the owner without a name or number...

:rolleyes: