PDA

View Full Version : Paula's New Boat

Byron Begley
08-07-2009, 03:52 PM
I'll try to post a photo of the new boat. It is a Lowe Angler 1667, 16' with a 20 hp Mercury 4 stroke. It also has power trim and electric start. It is sweet!

Byron

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/todaysimages/boat.jpg
http://littleriveroutfitters.com/todaysimages/boat

http://www.littleriveroutfitters.com/todaysimages/boat

silvercreek
08-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Sweet. Glad you finally got it. Enjoy!

nvr2L8
08-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Are you sure it's Paula's? It's not pink.

MadisonBoats
08-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Wonderful Boat! My choice of boat any day for the river...

Byron Begley
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Shawn,

Someone told me yesterday that use a V-Hull on the tailwaters. We plan to use this boat for "Lake Only" fishing but I thought it was interesting you use one in the rivers. Maybe we should re-think this.

Charlie, Paula has a purple bag she puts stuff in on the boat. I think there is some pink stitching on it too.

Byron

MadisonBoats
08-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Byron,
It works great for me and the boat is very easy to get in and out of...

Plus, my boat is a semi-v hull to flat and I can run the boat in about 2" of water. I just have to lift my trolling motor with the quick release to cross the shallowest of parts. If I get hung up on a rock - I just rock the boat loose and push off with an oar...

Boat is very light and easy to push in the water too...

I have PVC Rod Holders in both sides that run up in the front. Also, I added an anchor davit to the front.

flyman
08-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I had been hearing rumors of a female pirates in East TN. Something about a woman wearing a pink bandana and pink eye patch standing on the bow waving a fly rod and shouting arrgggg at anyone passing within ear shot :biggrin:

David Knapp
08-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Are you sure it's Paula's? It's not pink.

Byron, you should paint it pink and start a new fad. When people look at you funny tell them it attracts fish...:biggrin:

Paula Begley
08-10-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm glad all y'all like my new boat. :biggrin:

I'm partial to it myself.

I think I'll head in to town and check out some hot pink paint...thanks for the idea, guys.

Paula

lauxier
08-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I own a 16ft Gheenoe for use one the Cumberland River tailwaters---I love my Gheenoe--it'll go through very very shallow water--I have a 40hp 2stroke Mercury on it--and it will scream,to the tune of about 40mph.It is NOT so good as a lake boat,because in big waters,made big by big boats the Gheenoe has a hard time holding it's own.Sam Gheenoe told me he had a 18ft'er coming out this fall rated for a 90hp!!!Saw a Riverhawk boat being unloaded at Kendall on the Cumberland,it is similar to a Gheenoe.

Troutman
08-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice boat Byron & Paula. You will get lots of enjoyment out of it I'm sure. I owned one similar when I first got married 19 years ago and foolishly decided to sell it and get a ski boat. Luckily my dad bought it from me and still has and uses it. We added a platform casting deck from the middle to the front bench seats and a few other mods. I used to run the french broad and areas of the lower holston river in that boat. Good memories.

Byron Begley
08-10-2009, 11:06 PM
I think she should paint it camo so she could go duck hunting in it.

Byron