PDA

View Full Version : I'M NOW WITH FRIENDS - Thanks

fearnofishbob
08-29-2009, 08:22 PM
:biggrin: I am now a "card toten" member of the LRO Forum and I'm tickled to death to be here. I've fished the Smokys for 50+ years and I learn something new every time I get in the water. The fish are the icing on the cake.........I go to enjoy the water, rocks, flowers, butterflies, birds and all that God has given us .. We are truly blessed

Jim Casada
08-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Fearnofishbob--Welcome, and you've got the right perspective. As Arnold Gingrich once suggested, "the fishing's only part of it." Also, you are old enough, as am I, to realize that if yo've sampled and savored the splendor of the Smokies for more than a half century you are blessed beyond measure. Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com (http://www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com)

fearnofishbob
08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks Jim, I appreciate your warm welcome. I always enjoy talking to others that love the Smokys as I do. I just returned from Ennis Montana where we fished for 10 days and enjoy it as I did..........Theres no place like the "Park"

rivergal
08-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Amen to "Everybody loves the Smoky mountains". I am their biggest non-promoter. I always tell people the GSMNP is highly over rated. Last time I was at Tremont a car load of tourists with Alaska tags drove by.( no mountain scenery in Alaska for sure) As for fishing, I tell people there are a lot more fish in Michigan.

silvercreek
08-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Welcome. Look forward to the benefit of your experience.

flyred06
08-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Welcome. With 50+ years experience I can not wait to read your imputs.