PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork 08/30/09- Nice ta meet ya, Caney brown

Worrgamesguy
08-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Today was my last day as a "free" man. College starts up tomorrow, and real life begins :rolleyes:

So I had to get out today and get my August fish. I started out at Happy Hollow at around 4:00, and started with a brown hopper. Nothing so much as rose to it. So I switched to old faithful- an EHC indicator with a black zebra dropped under it. I cast that for about 30-45 minutes which produced nothing.

I started to slow down, and look where I was casting. I noticed a 12-14" fish between two weed beds. I stripped out more line, and cast with plenty of slack. Right when it was going to float over him, he darted to the right and didn't even look at it, when this brown came out of the weed bed and smashed my EHC. I don't know how, but the midge was in her mouth, not the EHC :confused: Oh well. Definitely a rush! She fought well, but didn't take long for her to tire. She gave me one good run, but didn't get far.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/Worrgamesguy/DSCI0062.jpg

I caught another brown, about 12", on the indicator. Not a bad couple hours of fishing :cool:

When I was leaving the river, who happened to be walking in other than David Knapp. I showed him a picture of my fish, and we talked a little, when a fish rose not even 10 feet from the island we were standing on. First cast for him, first fish. About an 8" brown, we'll have to see how he did.

milligan trout degree
08-30-2009, 10:55 PM
dang good fish......by the way, college=most fun you'll ever have. as far as fishing goes, college has brought me to the best fly fishing in tennessee and even through school work and baseball practice, i find plenty of time to fish!!!!

silvercreek
08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Pretty brown. Were you floating or wade fishing?

waterwolf
08-31-2009, 09:33 AM
gorgeous fish, and don't worry about college it is the best time you can have in your life. My only regret is not being able to live like that forever.

Worrgamesguy
08-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys. I was wading. I have like an hour wait before my Pro Pilot class. I'm really excited!

I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off if anyone on here wants to go fish.