PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here!

ninjaturtle
09-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I want to express how nice it is to get the answers I need from this site. All the people here are willing to help, that in itself is really something to behold. I'm here in Tn and I fish mostly at the Clinch River. I plan on making a trip to the smokie sometime this month for at least for a day. I only started fly fishing within the last few months and I enjoy every chance I get to go when the water is right. I hope to have more things to add as time go's along and get the help I need to be a better fly fisher. So with that said I will keep looking at what you all are talking about and post for some help from time to time. God Bless you and may your days at the water be Blessed. Roger.

Carolina Boy
09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Well you spend a little time up in that park and you will improve rapidly, then you hit other rivers and you'll start to see em differently. And I don't mean from a prefference standpoint more a technical break down what's going on manner.

ninjaturtle
09-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks Carolina Boy, for the comment. I have been up at the area's to fish, but only to look at them. I will be going there soon. I'm really not that far away, but need to take off from work. I'm sure it is going to be different than the River Clinch. I'll try to learn as much as I can while I'm there. Thanks Again> Roger

Carolina Boy
09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Well I think that there is a different and necessary manner of thinking in order to have success. Now before tailwater boys get mad at me I will be the firtst to say you gotta think a ton about midge patterns depth holding lanes and colors and leader lenght and so one. That said you hit the park and streams like it and your arena in which you are fishing changes as you move up stream making constant adaptation vital. One minute you are pitching a dry fly with a dropped off nymph 10 inches below, and before you know it you are deep heavy weighting a big nasty bug to dredge the bottom of a deep pool, only to move up and switch again. Not to mention the "you will spook more fish than you will ever catch thing!" I just feel like when I am going to the river and it is in the park i had better bring my "A" game. ;)

rivergal
09-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Just remember stealth and presentation when you fish in the park. Make sure your clothes blend in. You can slosh around in the Clinch, but you have to
move quietly in the park ,and keep a low profile.

bigpopper
09-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the board ninjaturtle! Its a great wealth of info and friendships.

ninjaturtle
09-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Welcome to the board ninjaturtle! Its a great wealth of info and friendships.
Thank you for the greeting. I look forward to discussing things about this wonderful art of fly fishing.

ninjaturtle
09-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Just remember stealth and presentation when you fish in the park. Make sure your clothes blend in. You can slosh around in the Clinch, but you have to
move quietly in the park ,and keep a low profile.
I will take note of what you told me and be sure to do what you said, Thank you . Roger