PDA

View Full Version : Why you love fall fishing

ChemEAngler
09-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Just a quick poll to find out why people like fishing in the fall. More than one selection is allowed.

Carolina Boy
09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
I love color-blasted hook jawed browns that make ya fingers bleed when they nick you with their teeth!

Waterborn
09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
October Caddis :biggrin: and while I usually drag my dslr around, theres even more so to keep me occupied if the fish do not want to cooperate...

MadisonBoats
09-02-2009, 08:29 PM
I can start wearing my waders again and not sweat to death...:eek:

ChemEAngler
09-02-2009, 08:57 PM
I can start wearing my waders again and not sweat to death...:eek:

Shawn,
Where you been recently?

waterwolf
09-03-2009, 07:46 AM
I do not like fall fishing, period. I have found fishing to not be as good and do not enjoy the cooler weather to fish in. I prefer hot and sunny summer weather to fish, and the other times of the year is reserved for killing stuff.

Rog 1
09-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Cool days, gentle breezes and being on the water alone without sweat dripping from my nose...if the fish bite even better

Carlito
09-03-2009, 09:27 AM
LoL... sounds like Waterwolf is ready to start stocking the freezer! I'm hoping this will be my first year taking a deer with my bow.

As for fall fishing, I love it. Actually, I love everything about the fall. I just get pumped up when the mercury starts dropping and things get nice and crisp in the mornings.

The toughest decision for me on many a fall day is whether to head for the Park to fish or hit some single track to rip it on my MTB :)

David Knapp
09-03-2009, 10:20 AM
How about an "All of the Above" category...I just love fishing in the fall and it is because of the total experience... Mostly I really enjoy the cooler weather and fall colors...I prefer cold weather over warm weather...

MadisonBoats
09-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Travis,
I was down in Mexico for a couple of weeks. I was able to fly fish some too. I really do not know what I caught most of the time; but, it was pretty easy to catch fish down there...

Believe it or not; I fished the beaches on several occasions and was very successful with a bass popper. I would suggest a 3-4' dropper too and bounce it off the bottom...

Too bad I do not have pictures. I submerged my camera about a month ago and it finally bit the dust. :cool:

No Hackle
09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
The one thing I hate about the leaves falling, while this is a beautiful sight,its really hard to find a place to pee with out being noticed.

Grannyknot
09-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I love to fish the redds in the fall...fighting those big browns for extended periods with my 3wt...making sure to dry my hands off before I handle them....then taking several different photographs before I put them on the stringer. :biggrin:

Wilson10
09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I love to fish the redds in the fall...fighting those big browns for extended periods with my 3wt...making sure to dry my hands off before I handle them....then taking several different photographs before I put them on the stringer. :biggrin:

HaHa....I love it

Rebelsoul
09-03-2009, 02:55 PM
October is my favorite month in my favorite time of year....for doing anything outside.:smile:

Petey
09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't know if it is my favorite time of year to fish, but it does offer some great rewards. The smoker gets fire up more often, Tennessee football on Saturdays (though with John Ward making the calls it was much easier to listen to), smaller crowds on the water, big browns on the move, the brilliant background of fall colors and the fact I don't have nearly as much yard work to do.

I also second Jermz on the October Caddis... Gotta love them.

fourx
09-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I love fall fishing because the first of Oct. I make my annual western pilgrimage.
This year it's to Twin Bridges,MT to chase pre-spawn browns.
After fishing TN all year it's nice to go where the fishing is relatively easy.

4X

Scott H.
09-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I love the fall foliage, and cooler weather.

More importantly, less mosquitos and other biting, stinging bugs.

Just me.

nvr2L8
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I reckon it's the fishing part that I like the best and the next season after this one is fall.