PDA

View Full Version : Water conditons this Weekend?

gmreeves
09-15-2009, 01:23 PM
I'll be arriving in Loudon, TN about noon time on Saturday by myself and would like to fish until dark somewhere. What do you think the water will be like in the park, on the clinch, or say Tellico? I know we are expecting rain just about every day here in Birmingham, AL and it looks about like the same up there. Will I find fishable water?

waterwolf
09-15-2009, 02:56 PM
You should be fine on the Clinch as they are running their rec schedule still, so the water will be fishable unless we get pounded by rain. If it rains a ton, then all bets are off.

ChemEAngler
09-15-2009, 03:35 PM
You should be fine on the Clinch as they are running their rec schedule still, so the water will be fishable unless we get pounded by rain. If it rains a ton, then all bets are off.

gm,
Double check the gen schedule. I believe the rec sch has one gen coming on at 10AM and then 2 gens at 1PM. So, you couldn't fish the Clinch until dark like you stated, unless they deviate from that schedule. You could fish at Hwy 61 until around 3PM though.

Since you will be in Loudon, you may want to look at the Hiwassee. They are also running a recreation schedule this weekend, and it may provide more time to fish. There are quite a few places there where I have fished with 1 gen running, especially around Big Bend.

gmreeves
09-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I thought about the Hi but I'm not a big fan of it. I'd rather fish the park if possible so I would most likely head to Townsend and fish the Little River or up higher on the West Prong of the Little Pigeon. I'm just concerned that the water might not be fishable when I get there.

David Knapp
09-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Freestone streams will be fishable this weekend...park, Tellico, etc...

gmreeves
09-15-2009, 04:09 PM
:biggrin: That is what I wanted to hear.