PDA

View Full Version : Muddy Clinch Today

ChemEAngler
09-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Went out to the Clinch this morning and was surprised to find the water extremely muddy. Visibility was about 6", worst I have ever seen it. Got to the water around 8:00, and two other guys were there when I arrived. They both left about 20 minutes later, but apparently not before helping themselves to some of my gasoline.

When I left after fishing just over an hour, I found that I had about 1/3 tank less than when I arrived. How do I know, because I topped off my tank just before getting to the river. I haven't heard of somebody siphoning gas in many years.

I left after a brief period of fishing. The water was so muddy I couldn't see where I was going, and I was stumbling everywhere. I did manage to hook into one large fish while throwing a BIG streamer, but he broke my 4X with no hesitation. I never saw the fish, so it could have even been a carp since I was bouncing it along bottom in some slow water.

Hope others had better luck, if they made it out today. I was just very surprised to see the river so muddy, and it was not worth me taking a swim because I could not see what was in front of me.

rivergal
09-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Did you get a description of those sneaky sidewinders?

ninjaturtle
09-20-2009, 04:04 PM
What area were you fishing when they got your gas. Would be a good thing to know. Thanks Roger

ChemEAngler
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Didn't get a description, they were probably 50 yards downstream and it was really foggy. I didn't even see their vehicle, they were not parked in the designated parking area.

This was on the lower portion of the river, not a public access area. ;)

It was on some property that I have access to, and I know these guys did not have access privileges to the same property. Maybe one of the neighbors gave them access....

MadisonBoats
09-22-2009, 01:33 PM
I hate to hear that. I always try and make note of the cars and who is fishing around me. I guess that is the curious part in me...

The Clinch still looks pretty muddy...:(

Green Weenie
09-23-2009, 07:50 AM
It is, Shawn. Not muddy, but muddy for the Clinch. You have to practically hit them in the face with the fly for a strike. Worked really hard for 3 fish yesterday.

ChemEAngler
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Anybody see the river today? I am thinking about heading that way tomorrow morning and was curious if it is muddy again.

Any info would be appreciated.

truchin
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Forget the clinch for the next three days .It's chocolate soup.
Does anybody know anything about caney or cumberland ? that's where i'd like to go starting tuesday.
jose

tennswede
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Clinch was fine today on the upper end at least.

pineman19
09-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Does anybody know anything about caney or cumberland ? that's where i'd like to go starting tuesday.
jose

Where were you fishing. Water was clear below Millers except for some off color from a small creek.

MadisonBoats
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Clinch is clear from I-75 upward and very muddy downstream and shall be that way for a few days.

David Knapp
09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
jose

Won't be fishable for awhile unless you are floating. The Cumby will be pushing a lot of water for at least a week or two. The Caney may still be floatable...