PDA

View Full Version : Greetings...

Tread Lightly
09-22-2009, 09:48 AM
My name is Chris Warren and I am a resident of Knoxville. I am originally from north central Texas, but I have been here in Knoxville for about five years. I have only been viewing the forum for about 2 weeks now, and I decided to join because I see a lot of potential in it.

I spent a good deal of my youth in the outdoors fishing for a variety of warm water species, but I always had an interest in learning to fly fish. I stay fairly busy with work and family life, but I try to get out on the water as much as I can. That said, I would definitely consider myself a novice fly-fisherman, which furthers my interest in this forum.

I think there are many members here that possess a great depth of knowledge and skill in this sport, and I hope that I am able to learn something from them. I consider myself to be fairly humble, and I can actually thoroughly enjoy a day of fishing even when I get skunked. I just like to be on the water fishing when I can. I probably enjoy learning about river ecology and practicing my skills as much as actually catching fish.

I am also hoping to meet some new fishing companions through this forum. Since I have been in Knoxville, I have not really met many other people who share my interest in fishing. I will fish with anyone who is a decent human being and who shares my same respect for the quarry we pursue and the environments in which they live. So if anyone would be interested in making an outing some time, please let me know. I have primarily fished the Smokies, Tellico, and the Clinch, although I am hoping to explore other waters in the future.

Anyway, I have rambled long enough. I look forward to sharing information with all of you via this forum.

silvercreek
09-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Good to have you with us Chris. Silvercreek

Scott Spencer
09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the forums, Chris. You will find a lot of great information and super nice folks around here!!

Jim Casada
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Tread Lightly--Welcome, and I'm sure you will find information and insight on the forum which will be helpful. You are geographically blessed to have the Smokies almost in your back yard, and rest assured there are more stream miles and more adventures awaiting you than you will ever be able to sample.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com (http://www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com)

Hal M
09-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris. Lots of good information and people on the forum. LRO is one of the best shops. Good knowledgeable people and they can not be beat on customer service. I wish I was 40 years younger and had access to a site like this and more youthful years to fish the Smokies.

Again welcome to the forum.

Hal M

fearnofishbob
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
GREAT to have you on board Chris..........AMEN to the LRO -- they are without a doubt the finest fly shop I have ever dealt with.....Ted is a terrific guy to work with and he is very knowledgable about all aspect of the area and sport....Welcome aboard If I can help in any way please let me know.....Bob

Tread Lightly
09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I know that I will learn a ton from all of you and that there are more fishing opportunities in this region than I will ever be able to fully tap. I look forward to speaking with you all again.