PDA

View Full Version : fish with me?

jross
09-30-2009, 04:04 PM
...can't hurt to ask...right?

I'm going down on a get-away starting Oct. 23...and I would like to go fishing with someone! I don't want a guide, I want a fishing partner...I won't mooch any equipment and am able bodied....and better yet I can't show anyone any secret spots. So if you're a great angler and wouldn't mind a tag along or if you're new and want me to show you what I know, then keep me in mind!

BlueRaiderFan
09-30-2009, 04:21 PM
How close do you keep an eye on your food and fly box?:biggrin:

Carolina Boy
09-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Where you gonna be bud?

jross
10-01-2009, 08:00 AM
As of now I have no set plans on river or place. We will be staying in Sevierville so I usually fish around the Townsend area. I'd like to try fishing for browns, since this is the time for 'em. I've never targeted the big fish. I was just happy to catch a fish when I first started! I've never fished in the colder weather or this time of the year before. I'm up to trying some place new(or familiar)....I'll even buy the diet dews!!!
And of course stop at LRO (without my wife:biggrin: ) to stock up on the October essentials...

BlueRaiderFan
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Good luck, my friend. It sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you catch a big 'un.

jross
10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Well, it will be one week to the hour that I'll be leaving for TN. And seeing the photos of these fish are getting me wound-up! But alas no one has offered to fish with me... yet:biggrin:
if any of you wonderful anglers would like to show a Hoosier how it's done (or vice versa), then alright!

I'm only down a couple times a year so I can't give away your secret spots!;)....

BlueRaiderFan
10-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Man, just missed ya. I'm coming down this weekend. I'll let you know how a rookie does. I managed one fish in about 2-3 hours last time. This trip is strictly fishing though, so I expect to land a few.

tennswede
10-14-2009, 06:18 PM
J Ross,

shoot me an email and we can discuss: ahlstedt@knology.net