PDA

View Full Version : Tellico River off road to close

rivergal
10-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I read where Tellico river off road will close due to erosion and sediment.
I have seen Bald River Falls run brown with mud after heavy rains. I am all for folks having fun outdoors, but those off road vehicles sure make a muddy mess in the river when it rains. I have fished in Tellico river when there was zero visibility in the water. This run off sediment could not be good for the fish.

Grannyknot
10-15-2009, 09:04 AM
I had read where they elected to take option C...more or less meaning closure of all but trail 1 and trail rehabilitation on the rest.

Jim Casada
10-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Grannyknot--I'm pretty sure it is official, since I got an e-mail yesterday from a group called the Blue Ribbon Colalition or some such which is pro-ORV use. They were raising cain. IMO, it was a good thing which will help the area's streams. Jim Casada

Rebelsoul
10-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Last month I was at Tellico and noticed the offroad section was closed til further notice....I had read something at Trout Unlimited I think it was, that talked about how much mud was draining into the headwaters.
Surely there's plenty of other places to go off road...but I don't know.
I have a jeep but don't do the serious trail running but have friends who do so I can understand the offroaders being upset.
You really can't please everyone.