PDA

View Full Version : Wplr

BlueRaiderFan
10-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Water is very high (at least IMO). Tried several nymph/midge/dry combo's even a bugger, but no dice. Only fished about two hours. Will try above Elkmont in the a.m. and get up to some decent elevation. Going to try and make it at least a mile and a half, maybe two.

bigpopper
10-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Good Luck and tight lines tommorrow!

BlueRaiderFan
10-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks, I'll need it. I think the news said up to 3in of snow at higher elevations. I hope the road is open and I can get up to Elkmont.

duckypaddler
10-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Will try above Elkmont in the a.m. and get up to some decent elevation. Going to try and make it at least a mile and a half, maybe two.

Hike in on Cucumber gap trail! You won't be tempted to fish all the good looking water that you would hike by on Little River trail. Also won't have to hike on gravel which is the other major downside of Little River trail. If you are like me and have low self-control this will ensure you get past the majority of fisherman.

BlueRaiderFan
10-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info, Ducky :smile: I read Paula's report and switched to Jake Creek. Got two strikes and nothing to hand. Tried below Elkmont on my way out. Saw a few flies hatching, but not much.

BlueRaiderFan
10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Fished Jakes Creek yesterday for about 3 hours. One rise the entire time, that I saw. I tried a dry with a dropper and then I tried just nymphing. Fished below Elkmont and saw some guys fishing streamers on a sinking line. I don't think either of us were having any luck. Was a beautiful trip though.