PDA

View Full Version : SoHo 10-24

CinciVol
10-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Six of my buddies and I stayed at a cabin on the South Holston last weekend, a tradition that has been going on for 4 years and hopefully will continue for the next 40. We were blown out of the river on Friday due to the generation schedule and headed over to the Watauga. We had absolutely no luck over there but we were pretty clueless about where to go and what to use.

On Saturday we fished the Big Springs area of the SoHo in the morning and got just a few hits. It was very quiet. Finally, in the afternoon we were able to get to the upper river where we heard sulphurs were still coming off and boy were they. It was four hours of bliss that only the SoHo in it's glory can provide. Trout were rising everywhere and we all ended up just dry fly fishing. Everyone caught 5-15 fish. We saw a few giant browns but no one hooked anything of trophy size. The only drawback was the huge crowds. I hoped that the cold weather and the Vols game would have kept folks away but the river was packed. I counted 25 guys fishing in the 1/2 mile of river I could see. Of course, 7 were from my group so I shouldn't complain too much...

It was an amazing afternoon and yet another wonderful fall trip to my favorite river. Until next year...