PDA

View Full Version : boar

lauxier
11-06-2009, 03:56 PM
that pic of the texas boar in todays fishing report is downright scary looking--that pig must be a record setter--how big do they get in east tenn.???

Rebelsoul
11-06-2009, 05:22 PM
That picture looks doctored up some to me,the hog being in the foreground closer to the camera makes it look bigger also....but I don't think there's any way it would go 1800 pounds or whatever they claimed.I might be wrong.
Several years ago there was a big one killed in Ga....."hogzilla" was what they called it,and they claimed it went 1000 pounds,later some scientists exhumed hogzilla and weighed the carcass at around 800 or so,and did DNA testing to see what kind of boar he was,mixed with domestic,Russian or what.
You can find stuff about Hogzilla and wild hog monsters all over the net.

Byron Begley
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Guys,

I think you are right about this massive beast. Daniel mentioned that to me this morning. He thinks it was Photoshopped. Another customer came in today and said the same thing. Maybe I was fooled. That would be easy, I've only been boar hunting once. Someone told me Hogzilla lived near a fish farm and was eating pellets loaded with growth hormones. I called Rick Pope who owns Temple Fork today and asked him to look at the hog. He has a ranch in Texas and invited me down there to hunt for hogs. I can't wait to see what he has to say. If they get this big I need to upgrade from my 30/30 to a larger caliber.

I've seen one big hog in the Park, maybe 250 pounds. Most of them are smaller. However, the one killed on our boar hunt a few weeks ago was conservatively estimated to weigh 250. It was big. There was a photo in the recent issue of the Little River Journal. We were hunting in the Cherokee National Forest about 25 miles from here as the crow flies.

Byron

jeffnles1
11-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Byron,
For an 1,800lb hog, I think you'll need even a bigger rifle than the 45-70 you're talking about. A .50BMG may be more appropriate. :smile:

Jeff

dalerio
11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/23/rpg7launcher2uq.gif

dalerio
11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
"Do you smell that smell? that smelly smell.....that pork smell......I love the smell of bacon in the morning......It smells like.......Breakfast!"

PIG HUNTER

pmike
11-07-2009, 08:45 AM
...would be the trick, it'd blow the meat right off the bones, cook it in the process, and leave fried crispy pork rinds all over the ground .