PDA

View Full Version : Cataloochee elk shot

silvercreek
11-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I saw this on another forum and I thought I would pass it along.
http://yoursmokies.blogspot.com/search/label/suspect

pmike
11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
...that they prosecute this miscreant to the fullest extent of the law. If nothing else it could at the least serve to discourage others from following his example...

Mike

flyred06
11-16-2009, 10:56 PM
How disgusting. I can't believe the nerve of some people. I wish they would throw the book at him and make an example out of his STUPID act.

Carolina Boy
11-17-2009, 12:35 AM
I am so......f.....p...o... about this are you kidding me! these animals pretty much feed outta people's hands, they are graceful, they are magnificant. This is pretty much murder. I am in no way some crazy nut job, I love steak and burgers but you gotta be kidding me, the SOB walks up to a animal any freakin blasts it? What for!!! No use for this

Grannyknot
11-17-2009, 09:11 AM
I heard about this a few days ago and will have to bite my tounge. My wife has already censored me because of what I think should be done to this stain of the earth's surface.

Rebelsoul
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
It is totally unbelievable that some idiot could kill an elk there in the valley,and then think he would not be found....what a fool.
I hope he gets everything he deserves and then some more...I'll restrain from saying what I really hope happens to him.
I saw that bull in late Oct.,for the first time,what a magnificient animal,and to think this is what happened to him,it makes me sick.

JohnH0802
11-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I am a hunter, and have been for years, but this has nothing to do with hunting. Things like this are what gives hunters a bad name. I hope they prosecute him to the fullest. I also hope people realize that this individual is in no way shape or form a sportsman or a hunter, just an outright criminal.

Maglite
11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Ah, the actions of an A+ citizen....(Insert foul language here)

old tom
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Hope this guy gets the same judge these two "hunters" got.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20091117/NEWS01/911170319

GrouseMan77
11-17-2009, 02:51 PM
The news of the elk killing and the story that old tom linked are equally nauseating.

I can not believe that people are so incredibly stupid. As a hunter and fisherman, I would personally like to see scum like this sentenced to lengthier jail time and a life time ban of their hunting and fishing privileges.

That only seems fair. If you are dumb enough to kill an animal on federal land you are too dumb to be out hunting among the general population.

The first time I stayed on Deep Creek I was at campsite #58, a pretty good ways up the trail, if you are unfamiliar with the area. It was late in the evening and here comes some moron dragging a couple bear dogs down the trail. He asked if I had seen another dog…I just looked at him. No less than 30 minutes late a ranger came down the trail. I gave him the guy’s description and he took off after him. Perhaps the guy was trying to get his dog back…which I fully understand. I doubt this was the case.

Rebelsoul
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
One of the links had someone saying they will use this as an example to try to bar guns from the park when it starts in Feb. 2010.
As a gun collector and handgun permit holder,I hate everytime some idiot or nut job goes on a rampage and kills people or in this case a protected animal,it makes all gunowners look bad,not just hunters and sportsmen.

silvercreek
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I don't doubt that Rebelsoul. Fact is, guns were already banned when this took place, so their argument makes no sense. Not that a lack of sense ever stopped the anti gun lobby.

JohnH0802
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree with you Rebelsoul, and silvercreek, they just need any old excuse to start trying to take away guns again.

fly fisherman DK
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I am with John H. on this one. My dad and I are also big on hunting and fishing. Like he said, this is definitely the kind of stuff that gives hunters and gun owners bad names. Dumb people like the guy who shot that bull make us seem like we are bad people when it is really only criminals like himself. I think that guy deserves a lot of jail time and his gun confiscated so that he can think about the bad thing he did.