PDA

View Full Version : waders

lauxier
11-23-2009, 07:35 PM
i broke down and bought new waders-my old ones were heavy and leakey-- my old ones were 15 years old--i could not believe my new waders--they were light,they fit well,and were comfortable-i'd seen the ad's on waders-didn't pay much attention to them--but i'm a born again wader-i did not realize there was so much positive,technology,in waders-

flyred06
11-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I just bought a new pair and they are light years ahead of the ones I had been using for 14 years now. It is amazing how the technology of things have come along but thank goodness someone found it in waders.

jeffnles1
11-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Which ones did you guys get?

Jeff

flyred06
11-24-2009, 09:02 AM
I personally got some Dan Baileys. BUt some of the new Simms and Choatas are very nice also. I really like the Dan Baileys though and they were a few $$ cheaper.

Scott Spencer
11-24-2009, 09:53 AM
I personally got some Dan Baileys. BUt some of the new Simms and Choatas are very nice also. I really like the Dan Baileys though and they were a few $$ cheaper.+1 on the Dan Bailey waders! Simply an awesome wader at an outstanding price!!

pmike
11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
...bad at all either. I bought a pair on closeout at LRO last year after my Simm's began to leak around the feet. Funny thing was that the Cloudveils also leaked so I sent them in and upgraded to their 8 X waders. They are a great design with several pockets, a built in belt and gaiters. With all that's attached, I don't get streamside having to wonder whether I left anything home, less to have to remember, more to simply enjoy...and they are tough yet lite.

Mike

lauxier
11-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I,, like flyred06 opted for the Dan Basiley's because of price mostly-would like to have a pair of Simm's,wonder if they justify their high price.

spotlight
11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
How much are decent stocking foot breathable waders supposed to be? Simms Freestone stockingfoot waders 219.00 I was using 3mm neoprene from Cabelas I didn't know any better and they were 49.00. I have been up over logs,rocks,trees,roots, been out 15 times or so no problems yet. Their warranty seems really good as well. I am curious how much are those DB waders?

jeffnles1
11-26-2009, 11:42 PM
How much are decent stocking foot breathable waders supposed to be? Simms Freestone stockingfoot waders 219.00 I was using 3mm neoprene from Cabelas I didn't know any better and they were 49.00. I have been up over logs,rocks,trees,roots, been out 15 times or so no problems yet. Their warranty seems really good as well. I am curious how much are those DB waders?

I've had the Simms Freestones for about 3 years now. I bought them used from a guy on another forum and he said they were a year or so old then.

I've fished mine hard over this time and so far, they don't leak. I average about 150 days a year on the water and about 30 to 40 of those days, I wear waders. The Simms are the only ones I own so they have been used hard but never put up wet :smile:.

Jeff