PDA

View Full Version : caney float thanksgiving day

fishingman62
11-26-2009, 07:14 PM
we floated again today same as yesterday.....the only difference was colder more wind and zero fish today.......threw buggers, streamers,wolly zonkers,and the green thing..... saw only six fish rise all day.... all the flys i threw today were tungsten beadheads and weighted ...we drifted it pretty quickly today and only anchored once....it was definetly a glove and heavier clothing day.....as usual we followed the water as it fell out...but for two guys who's families are so far away it was a good way to spend the holiday....will be back at it sat and sun have to work tomorrow....

Blueraider yes we were using intermediet sinking lines.....mine is 1.5 -2.5 and bill tryed both a 2.5 -3.25 and the 3.25 -4.5.....the intermediate sinking 1.5 -2.25 is our standard rig for everyday fishing.....i think it helps get the fly down a little better....and helps when stripping and using soft hackles ....hope everyone had a nice holiday...
DAN

MadisonBoats
11-26-2009, 10:52 PM
The most effective issue I have found in fishing moving water is to find eddys and to follow the inside meander of a bend. You can find fish very close to the bank in these areas and they will be bunched up to rest against the current. Hope this helps...

wm1miller
11-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Shawn,
That is exactly where I caught most of my fish last time I fished the Duck River below Normandy during high water. You confirmed what I learned by trial and error and by reading the water. I think that I am catching on little by little.
Thanks,
William

Worrgamesguy
11-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Dan I will most likely be on the Caney tomorrow (Sunday). Shoot me an email if you wanna meet up and try to catch some fish.