PDA

View Full Version : Rotten to the Corps

silvercreek
12-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Just got back from the Stones River below the dam. They were supposed to stop generating at 9am. Checked the schedule online just before I left. Got there just before 1pm CST. They we still running water. Got back home and checked the online schedule again. Now they say they will generate until 2pm. Of course it will be pitch black by the time the water is down. If TWRA is wondering how to increase angler participation, I've got an idea. How about getting TVA/Corps to step into the 21st century and figure out how to more timely update it's online info? Sure glad this wasn't a trip all the way to the Caney just to watch the river roll.

gutshot
12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
You havn't fished in Arkansas much have you?

This system is the cats meow.

highpockets
12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I know someone that lives close to every river I fish; I just call them before I go to make sure ;-)

Sometimes they call me! HA

silvercreek
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
If the tailwaters are ever fishable again, I think I'll call the TVA/Corps telephone line and check the phone schedule against the online info. just to see if one is more up to date than the other. Surely someone could be in the loop to know about changes in the schedule. Of course we are talking about the government here. regards, Silvercreek

MadisonBoats
12-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Silvercreek,
That has happened to me a few times.

Now; I call TVA directly if I suspect the river generation could change.

D-Drake
12-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Someone who knows somebody in TVA or TWRA should suggest to them using something like Twitter to update people on water flows. I think it would be an inexpensive yet effective way for them to keep anglers informed. Just a thought.

billyspey
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
its not about fishing it all about power,, they could less if we ever get to fish!!!!!!

silvercreek
12-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Lest anyone misunderstand, "rotten to the Corps" was a play on words. They have to control those lake levels, and we certainly benefit from the electrical generation. My complaint is simply that there should be a more timely way to provide up to the hour predicted generation. One of the Corps mission statements is to provide recreational activity.