PDA

View Full Version : New Home Page

Maurer
12-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Byron, Bravo on the new home page, I think it works great. You could also proably elminate a bit of the copy about the store and put that in the "About Us" Section.

Byron Begley
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi Kris,

Thank you for the advice and compliments about the home page. I thought about reducing the text about the shop (and I did take out some) but to me, too many websites just have blatant "sell" copy and graphics and don't tell the whole story. This is the landing page for many people for the first time. And, the search engines look there first too. You are probably right. I'm afraid to take the chance because it has worked so well for a while. What you are suggesting is what most websites are like. I will probably gradually make the changes. Some people tell me nobody reads that stuff. But when I'm looking to spend money I want to know who I'm dealing with and I do read the text to get the personal connection.

I hope your business is doing well. Things seem to be picking up here for now. I'll keep you posted.

Take care buddy,

Byron

Maurer
12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Byron, You are right, you shouldn't take anything off. All too often my first response falls back on everything that I learned in my ecommerce class in school, but today is a different time. You absolutely have to be different or you will blend in with the rest of the fly fishing online retailers and not stand out.

I do especially like the photos on the header now. Very awesome! My favorite part about your site is the Fishing Reports. Everyone I know reads them everyday.

Happy Holidays to everyone at LRO!