PDA

View Full Version : Tellico Two Fly

Tellico Angler
12-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Me and a buddy are putting this tournament on with the blessing of the USFS. I have cut and pasted the info below that he had posted on another forum for you guys to check out. All proceeds go to Brook Trout Restoration. If any of you are interested, contact him and let him know.

Hey Guys,
here's something for you to think about. It's for a good cause and should be fun to boot.
I have just recieved confirmation of our first sponsor.
Chota Outdoor gear will be making a donation to be used as prizes for one of the teams.

Tellico Two Fly Tournament
Saturday, March 6th, 2010
Proceeds will be donated for Brook Trout Restoration in the Tellico Watershed.
Entry Fee: $25.00 per person or $50.00 for a 2 man team
We have space for 24 teams or 48 individual anglers (individuals will assigned a teammate through a blind draw)
Do you have what it takes to make it through a day of fishing with 2 flies???
Come join us for a day of friendly fun and competition on the Tellico River. Have fun, catch some fish, and support a good cause. Fishing activities will be centered on the Tellico River Delayed Harvest waters, extending one mile in either direction. Individual and team registration information will need to be in by Feb 27th 2010.

Schedule: For Registration Information,
7am meet at the game check-in station at North River cutoff rd. 8am-12:15pm fishing sessions A & B 12:30-1:30pm Lunch at Game Check-in station.
2pm-6:15 pm fishing sessions C & D
6:30pm Results will be announced and prizes handed out

We will be providing a deli style lunch for all anglers and judges.
As of now if you would like an event shirt they will be available by pre-order only. Embroidered Columbia fishing shirts are $55.00, T-shirts are 10.00(sm-xl, xxl shirts 12.00), & Hats are $10.00
If you wish to order a shirt or hat contact Bill Stranahan: Orders must be placed by Feb 20th to ensure delivery.
All Proceeds will be donated for a brook trout restoration projects. So even if you donít fish make a donation and help us preserve some or our local brook trout habitat for years to come. Please make checks payable to: Cherokee National Forrest, (list Brook Trout Restoration in the memo)
Rules & Regulations:
Two flyís per person
Flies will be anglerís choice
If you loose your flies, you are finished fishing, but you may still help your teammate.
Teammates cannot share flies
Teammates may help each other net fish.
There will be 4 fishing sessions for the day.
Each session will be two hours in length.
Each team will fish in a morning and an afternoon session.
Each team will fish 2 beats covering one mile of water during the day.
The River will be divided up into 12 beats covering 6 miles of river.
A beat will consist of Ĺ mile of river.
There will be a stream judge assigned to a beat with every team.
Each team can measure 4 fish for scoring purposes.
Total length in inches will determine the outcome and rankings.
Judges may not be asked for help or advice about fishing during the day.
Stream judges will measure all fish for scoring, no exceptions.

So far the feedback we are getting has been really great & we hope to have some super nice prizes to give out.

If you would like any more information, Please feel free to give me a call or send me an email.
Thx,
Bill Stranahan
423-208-8602
Billstranahan@ymail.com