PDA

View Full Version : Sluicing on the Clinch

Tippet
12-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Will the sluicing on the Clinch affect the fish for the spring? I know last time that Norris did this to a great extent it really had an affect on the fishing. The one thing that is different was it was in late summer which released much hotter water. Are we going to be safe? I feel pretty optimistic, and look forward to a very productive spring.

MadisonBoats
12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
The sluicing should not have any negative effects on Spring Fishing.

The water is coming from the bottom of the lake and the dam-not over the floodgates. If anything; the increased turbidity should help with the oxygen content in the water. Also; the retention people is designed to minimize any soil erosion if any...

I like it when they do this and wish they would do it more often. It seems that it promotes larger fish and my experience has supported this trend.:smile:

waterwolf
12-22-2009, 07:51 AM
It won't hurt anything, it is only 3,000 more cfs then normal 2 gen. flows. Now floodgates, they hurt. With all the gates down the river can run around 30,000 cfs and it has a huge impact on things, or atleast it has in the past.

If I were in the mood to fish it would be a good time to float and chunk streamers, nothing better then ultra high water IMO.

Tippet
12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the responses. I cant wait for an awesome spring.

No Hackle
12-22-2009, 08:22 PM
might wash the rock snot off the bed.
><> No Hackle