PDA

View Full Version : Heartbroken

Speck Lover
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Folks, I'm going to have to back away from participating on the forum for a while. Although I am a new member, I have really enjoyed my time spent here.
On Christmas Eve, I had to take my father to the Emergency Room for muscle spasms. After performing a chest x-ray, they found that he had pneumonia in his right lung and concerning spots on his left lung. After a doctor visit this week and CT Scan at the hospital, he found out that he has lung cancer. My dad, my brother and I, and our entire family is having a tough time dealing with it. My main objective right now is to provide as much love and support for him and my mother as I humanly can. I'll be back here one of these days. I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and prosperous new year.

nvr2L8
12-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Dave,

We'll miss your input but understand completely. Prayers for your dad and your whole family during this time.

jeffnles1
12-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Dave,
Prayers for your dad for sure.

Jeff

silvercreek
12-30-2009, 08:52 AM
God Bless.

gmreeves
12-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Dave. Your family will definitely be in my prayers. Have they already done a biopsy? My family went through this very same thing last year right before Christmas. The doctors thought for sure that it was going to be lung cancer, even after the scans. The outlook was very tough on the family as he had spots on both lungs in multiple lobes. The biopsy came back and was inconclusive so they decided to do surgery and remove one of the masses. After surgery, they sent the mass off to the labs and it turned out not to be cancer. So far so good. I can only hope you and your family will be as fortunate. Hang in there and stay by your Mother and Father's side.

MadisonBoats
12-30-2009, 10:23 AM
My prayers go out to you friend! Keep your head up and keep living life with your father to the fullest!

Send me a message if I can do anything for you bro...

Noonan
12-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Your father and your entire family are in my prayers as well.

Paula Begley
12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Prayers for your father and your entire family, Speck Lover.

Paula

GrouseMan77
12-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Speck Lover - Praying for your family.

JohnH0802
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Speck Lover,
Our prayers are with you and your family.

John

MtnMike
12-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Speck Lover,

Offering our thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Mike

Dancing Bear
01-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Speck Lover,

Your family will be in our prayers.

Mike

Flyfishjeep
01-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Our family will pray for you and yours. God Bless all of you during this tough time.

Speck Lover
01-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Folks,

Thank you for all of the prayers and words of encouragement for my dad and family during this difficult time, I sincerely appreciate it. My dad has stage IV lung cancer, and the prognosis is not good. By no means are we giving up. He is 77 years old and a very proud man. I am trying to do everything that I can to help him, but I have come to realize that I can't make him do anything that he has made up his mind not to do. I'm sure that there are countless others on this forum who have experienced the same thing that we are dealing with. I just hope and pray that I'm doing enough for him and my mother. Again, thank you so much.

highpockets
02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Long prayer said for your dad and you!

Byron Begley
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Speck Lover,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers go out to him and your family and his friends.

God Bless,

Byron

Knothead
02-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Our prayers are with your father and all the family.

jeffnles1
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Speck Lover,
My prayers for you, your dad and your family.

Jeff

speed43
02-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Spec Lover,
Bad things happen to us all and if we live long enough, each of us will experience a similar situation like you find you and your family in. I too will remember you, your dad and family in my prayers. At the very least I hope that he can live his remaining days free of pain, but I believe that if his body isn't healed and he passes on, he will suffer no more. I know these times are difficult, but my hope is that some day you can will be standing in the middle of a lovely Spec stream and look back on your Dad's life and thank God that he gave you the Dad he did and think of all the precious times you both got to share..

Speed43

Speck Lover
02-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys. Unfortunately the cancer has spread to his brain and the lungs have become a secondary concern now. Starting next Monday, my dad will start brain radiation treatments for 10 days at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem, N.C. He has a positive attitude, and we are prepared to do whatever is needed to help him. The words of encouragement and prayers from you wonderful people mean more to me than I can ever express in writing. May God bless you.

Paula Begley
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Dave

I'm sorry to read of this change in his condition. He remains in my prayers, as do you and your entire family.

Paula

Speck Lover
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
This is still hard for me to type, but my dad passed away on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 after a long and courageous battle with cancer. He was 78 years old and a dang good father and husband.

I would like to personally thank nvrL8, jeffnles1, silvercreek, gmreeves, MadisonBoats, Noonan, Paula Begley, GrouseMan77, JohnH0802, MtnMike, Dancing Bear, Flyfishjeep, highpockets, Byron Begley, Knothead, and speed43 for the kind words of encouragement and prayers during my dad's illness. I would also like to thank anyone else whom I may have inadvertently left out. You folks are the best.

Last week was the first week that I have been back on this fine forum since May 2010. Between helping take care of my dad and my mindset after his death, I just didn't have the time or desire to participate. But, time has managed to heal a few wounds and I am looking forward to a year of fantastic fishing and great conversations. And most importantly, I'm looking forward to time with my family. Thanks again, folks.

Owl
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Our families prayers for your father and the whole family. We recently lost my Dad and it's a tough thing, especially if it's unexpected. Your mother is very fortunate to have children like you guys.

Fishing will be there later. Family first is the right way to go.

Speck Lover
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
We recently lost my Dad and it's a tough thing, especially if it's unexpected.

Owl, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. Our dads are in a better place now. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

GrouseMan77
01-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Dave - I really hate to hear that you lost your father. Seeing a family member or friend go is a terrible thing. Keep his memory close to your heart and remember that you will see him again someday.

Rog 1
01-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Dave...Sorry for your loss...Dads have a special place in our lives...I lost my Dad two years ago and know how you feel. I still find myself wanting to share those special moments with him. This is a special place and the members are truly caring individuals. Best wishes...Jim W.

MadisonBoats
01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Folks, I'm going to have to back away from participating on the forum for a while. Although I am a new member, I have really enjoyed my time spent here.
On Christmas Eve, I had to take my father to the Emergency Room for muscle spasms. After performing a chest x-ray, they found that he had pneumonia in his right lung and concerning spots on his left lung. After a doctor visit this week and CT Scan at the hospital, he found out that he has lung cancer. My dad, my brother and I, and our entire family is having a tough time dealing with it. My main objective right now is to provide as much love and support for him and my mother as I humanly can. I'll be back here one of these days. I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and prosperous new year.

Dave,
I will be thinking of you and your family! My prayers and blessings go out to your father! The best medicine during this time of duress is prayer and great family love. Try not to let the negatives overwhelm you and push forward with positive thoughts and share wonderful memories with one another. Keep your head up and remember that you are never alone. Give yourself some peace and reach out to God in time of need. He will guide your forward my friend!
SM

JohnH0802
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Dave,
I am sorry for the loss of your father, and you and your family will be in our prayers. It has been a tough year for alot of folks this year. I lost my grandson Landon this past year....it was not unexpected, but extremely difficult to deal with. I know that He is in a better place and try and console myself with the fact that it was a miracle that he survivied childbirth at all. We also lost my wife's father this past year to cancer. It has been an extremely trying year, but we try to get through it as best we can. Please take the time you have now to be thankful for what you have....cherish your time now with your loved ones and thank the Lord for the time we have. Who knows when our time might be up. My prayers are with you and your family.

John

diamonddave7676
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Hope you father get better soon. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer about 15 years ago and after all the chemo and radiation he has been in remission ever since and had no more problems from the cancer. If you dont mind me asking, how old is your father?

whitefeather
01-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Specklover,

Very sorry to hear of your father's condition. Your father, you, and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong and trust in the Lord! May God bless you greatly!

Whitefeather

Speck Lover
01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Hope you father get better soon. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer about 15 years ago and after all the chemo and radiation he has been in remission ever since and had no more problems from the cancer. If you dont mind me asking, how old is your father?

diamonddave7676,

Apparently you have made the same mistake that I sometimes make by not reading the entire thread. My father died on August 25, 2010 and he was 78 years old. I hope your dad continues to do well. SPEND ALL THE TIME THAT YOU CAN WITH HIM. You will NEVER regret it.

diamonddave7676
01-21-2011, 12:08 AM
diamonddave7676,

Apparently you have made the same mistake that I sometimes make by not reading the entire thread. My father died on August 25, 2010 and he was 78 years old. I hope your dad continues to do well. SPEND ALL THE TIME THAT YOU CAN WITH HIM. You will NEVER regret it.

Yeah sorry I must have missed it. Sorry about your father.