PDA

View Full Version : cell phone towers

Flyfishjeep
01-06-2010, 11:57 AM
http://waynesword.palomar.edu/faketree.htm
I just sent Byron a link to this as well. Maybe Townsend can demand that the cell phone towers look like one of these to keep everything the way we like it.
Let me know what you guys/gals think.

ttas67
01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
not saying I'd necessarily want it this way, but they could throw a few of those up in the park.

jeffnles1
01-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Looks a lot better than those big ugly towers. Having some cell phone reception in the park would not be a bad thing for us fishermen (heck, we could call Bryon from the stream and he could have replacement flies for the ones we lost in trees waiting for us when we get in the shop):biggrin:

Or, it could just be thought of as a "help, I'v fallen and can't get up" thing.

I just wouldn't want to see a traditional cell phone tower stickig up through the trees.

Jeff

donwinn
01-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Byron,

One of my sons lives in Vestavia Hills (Birmingham), Alabama. We were there a couple of weeks ago. I noticed a pine tree that had a perfect shape but the branches on top were perfectly symmetrical. My wife and I had to look for a long time before we could tell it was a cell tower. I don't think we could have had the tree/tower not been isolated. Maybe there is a way to make everyone happy - not sure.

Jubal
01-07-2010, 12:56 AM
go with the palm tree for the park...nobody would ever notice...:rolleyes:

fishhead
01-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Thers one of the tree towers on the 485 N past the airport (Charlotte) aways.not as realistic as those pictured but an improvement over the standard ones for sure.
Fishhead