PDA

View Full Version : sea trout near tampa

2weightfavorite
01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
So I am near tampa on vacation, with no fly rod...However!! i do have a spinning rod thats Ive stached here at my parents house. Ive fished off the bank for 3 mornings now with little jigs and absolutely killed the sea trout! Ive been fishing from sunup (around 7) until 9:15 in the morning and have yet to catch under 30 in those 2 hours. Alot of them are shorts, however Ive been taking home a limit every day of fish between 17-20 inches. I had no idea sea trout were so good to eat! Its been cold down here, but if you get the chance to fish its totaly worth it

Flyfishjeep
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Pictures for us inland folk would be greatly appreciated! Glad your killing it down there. You will have to put a flyrod in your parents house incase you find yourself in another "situation" again.

Carolina Boy
01-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Seatrout on the grill is hard to beat. You can wear em out on a DOA usually to which is a fun rig to fish just make a lot of noise and hold on.

hw3
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Get to C/Water once in a while, and wonder just where you fishing? Have been to a state park on the Gulf, and is user friendly for flyfishing, but nothing like you described. Skip W.