PDA

View Full Version : Clinch tomorrow

Carolina Boy
01-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey everybody, I was wanting to go fish the Clinch tomorrow, last pics I saw had water spillin over the top and things looked crazy, so 2 ?'s based on the generation schedule can the millers isle be fished in the afternoon say around 2 pm, second what about down by the jail in the morning? I think it is about 5-6 hours delayed so what time would it be fishable? Also any idea how the holston has been fishing around Nancy's ferry, would that be worth it? Thanks for the help!

waterwolf
01-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Hey everybody, I was wanting to go fish the Clinch tomorrow, last pics I saw had water spillin over the top and things looked crazy, so 2 ?'s based on the generation schedule can the millers isle be fished in the afternoon say around 2 pm, second what about down by the jail in the morning? I think it is about 5-6 hours delayed so what time would it be fishable? Also any idea how the holston has been fishing around Nancy's ferry, would that be worth it? Thanks for the help!
You can hit the jail until about 11, then go eat a long lunch and fish upstream during the afternoon.

ChemEAngler
01-15-2010, 11:40 PM
You may want be there and geared up around 1:00 even though it will take an hour or so to come down. I imagine it will be a mad house, and you will have to pick your rock early. I would love to go, but just can't get excited about combat fishing. I need a January fish for the OFPMC, so I may just have to venture out there.

Carolina Boy
01-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks Wolf, and Chem you are right din't even think bout the fact that everybody is gonna be there ready to go :eek:!

MadisonBoats
01-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah, Travis got it right! It will be insane for a spot, unless - you know what you are doing and how to get around...:biggrin:

You can make your break to the middle prong and far prong on Miller's by 1:30 if you are a fairly stout person.

Carolina Boy
01-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Well I have only fished the CLinch about a zillion times, but I haven't fished it in the last 6 months and those pics of the hi water made me wonder if the standard time frames would be the same regarding the rise and fall of the water. So I just got back and it wasn't that crazy traffic wise, I caught a few missed a few as well, but the cool thing was that I fished for the first time in 2010 and I grand slammed! I didn't know that there were brookies in there but I guess there are, so nice fist day to write about in the journal!

ChemEAngler
01-16-2010, 08:29 PM
CB,

Congrats. I think the brookies have been in there for two full seasons. I tried looking for a vehicle with NC tags trying to find you, but didn't see one. Feel free to give me a shout next time you are in the area, and maybe we could meet up.

I also made it out there today from 3:30 til 4:30, and was quite surprised with the fish activity. Some spots were crawling with fisherman, but I managed to find a vacant spot and was rewarded early and often. Great day to be on the water, and a good way to start 2010. They were crushing #22 olive buzzers and #20 blood midges.

fourx
01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I went to the Clinch this week also.
I fished a couple places above the weir dam and am happy to say we completely wore them out.
I'm unhappy to say that they are still runnin' on the smallish side around 11".
I'm happy to say I'm glad the fish size is pickin' up on the lower portions of the river though.

4X

Carolina Boy
01-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey Chem, I am fishing again tomorrow in the am at the Anderson Cty jail I think, FYI I drive a silver Mitzu SUZ with surf racks on the roof, my tag is one of our TU plates, would love to meet up and fish!

Barry Murphy