PDA

View Full Version : Generation schedules

silvercreek
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I was reading Hugh's fishing reports in which he remarked about an unnanounced change in generation creating a hazardous situation. This type of thing has been a pet peeve of mine. In this age, I do not understand why the Corps and TVA's schedules cannot be more timely updated. Does anyone have any practical experience as to whether the online schedules or the phone schedules are the most up to date or they the same? Regards, Silvercreek

MadisonBoats
01-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Silvercreek,

I have found that TVA's Generation Schedule has become very reliable. Well, the one posted on their website and via the TVA Mobile Application.

I check several rivers each day and I have not noticed any inconsistencies from the posts to the actual releases.

However; we must be mindful of certain weather instances where TVA would have to make amendments to this schedule.

I believe it is spot on within 24 hours and anything beyond that is subject to change.

If you are planning a drive or trip; you can call their office and get a clarification.

Hope my opinion helps...

waterwolf
01-18-2010, 02:32 PM
IT is so rare that TVA deviates that it is of little concern.

A little common sense can go a long way around here as well. Stay aware of your surroundings, and there is little if any danger of getting caught or killed.

silvercreek
01-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Today up until 11:30am the TVA schedule was for no generation at all at Percy Priest dam. At noon they turned on the generators. Regards, Silvercreek

Grannyknot
01-18-2010, 04:14 PM
I have witnessed one time, on the clinch, when the warning sirens went off for an unscheduled release, but the water never came up. :confused:

I got back in the water and fished for the rest of the day.

Back in the day, during any given mid-afternoon water release (scheduled or not), you could go down to river road or the weir dam and see 3-4 stranded fishermen on the islands.

Maurer
01-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Shawn, what are you referring to as mobile application regarding TVA generation schedule?

Brandanf
01-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Shawn, what are you referring to as mobile application regarding TVA generation schedule?

you can add this as a link on your phone. I actually have mine drilled down to norris, so i can check just that one.

http://www.tva.gov/mobile/index.htm

MadisonBoats
01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks Brandanf! Basically; it is a phone application that is less intensive on your phone than the normal website. I have it with a local radar in my phone favorites.