PDA

View Full Version : What's Your "Rig"

BlueRaiderFan
01-21-2010, 02:27 PM
You know, the vehicle that you use to go fishin'. Mine: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a dog cage in the back. The cage works great as a rod holder. I just slide the rods through one or two of the squares and move to the next spot. Has faded paint and a nice dent in one door. Used tires that have good tread and a CD player to crank out some Jack Johnson etc. Uses a touch of oil, but the 4.0 liter runs great and has plenty of power. Just enough ground clearance to get me into the rough spots.

highpockets
01-21-2010, 04:37 PM
96 Jeep Cherokee. Dark green with a peeling hood, balding tires, new engine and the will to continue. Hey, sounds like me!

buzzmcmanus
01-21-2010, 05:54 PM
2000 Jeep Cherokee. Turned 200,000 miles last month. Maroon, and looks in better shape than most. I routinely drive it back and forth to Ohio to bowhunt, and will be driving it to Colorado next year on an elk hunt.

GrouseMan77
01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
She is a canary yellow, 1981 Honda CRX sporting a 4 inch body lift and 32X12X50 BFG's. Can't transport rods that aren't broken down so I usually just hold em out the sunroof. It's got a sweet Pioneer sound system that blasts some old school Warrent and I have added an after market DVD player that I can watch Good Times on. I've topped it off with a sticker of Tweetybird going #1 on the Ford symbol.

It is for sale. I am asking $3200. :cool:

BlueRaiderFan
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
96 Jeep Cherokee. Dark green with a peeling hood, balding tires, new engine and the will to continue. Hey, sounds like me!

Now that is funny:biggrin:

BlueRaiderFan
01-21-2010, 07:15 PM
She is a canary yellow, 1981 Honda CRX sporting a 4 inch body lift and 32X12X50 BFG's. Can't transport rods that aren't broken down so I usually just hold em out the sunroof. It's got a sweet Pioneer sound system that blasts some old school Warrent and I have added an after market DVD player that I can watch Good Times on. I've topped it off with a sticker of Tweetybird going #1 on the Ford symbol.

It is for sale. I am asking $3200. :cool:

Oof...we may have a winner. It is interesting that there are three Cherokees in this thread.

GrouseMan77
01-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Don't sart handing out any awards until Grannyknot describes his trout hauler.

BlueRaiderFan
01-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, you have the lead right now! :biggrin:

92Esquire
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
07 canary yellow FJ Cruiser. Probably one of the only ones on the road that has 1) no roof rack, 2) no tube metal up front, and 3) no stickers in the back windows.

Speck Lover
01-22-2010, 01:34 AM
A medium blue 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ with a 4.0 liter engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. It looks just rough enough to where would be thieves leave her alone because they probably feel sorry for me. I've used her several times to pull a utility trailer full of camping supplies to Cataloochee, and made countless trips to other streams in the Smokies over the years. She sees (and has seen) more service in southwest Virginia than anywhere else. Only 18 more payments and she's mine! :biggrin:

Grannyknot
01-22-2010, 09:25 AM
http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/super-roof-rack.jpg

Its a small block, dipped, stroked, bored 30-over, with a 4-barrel that will suck the hood in. If you ever hear 2 glass-packs screaming up the road in greenbriar cove, look out, cause I don't slow down where it turns to one lane, and I might be sideways.

schitzngigglz
01-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Another Cherokee here. They seem to be pretty popular. :cool:

BlueRaiderFan
01-22-2010, 11:20 AM

Its a small block, dipped, stroked, bored 30-over, with a 4-barrel that will suck the hood in. If you ever hear 2 glass-packs screaming up the road in greenbriar cove, look out, cause I don't slow down where it turns to one lane, and I might be sideways.

I take it back...this one wins...hands down...oof that's ugly :biggrin:

gmreeves
01-22-2010, 05:47 PM

Seriously! That's what you drive on fishing/camping trips! That is probably the coolest thing I have ever seen and I've been around the block a time or two.

ukfb1
01-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I drive a tent around, 98 red Jeep wrangler, only the two front seats. It does have a radio. I will saw it does keep company down especially on those 3 to 5 hour trips. But it is the company car, no payments or insurance payments.

BlueRaiderFan
01-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Seriously! That's what you drive on fishing/camping trips! That is probably the coolest thing I have ever seen and I've been around the block a time or two.

No way :biggrin: You couldn't get a small block in that thing if you took the back seats out! It is cool though.

WVBrookie
01-24-2010, 10:03 AM
2007 Nissan Armada...I have nicknamed her the "greyhound" because of the color and the fact she's not much smaller than the real thing.

She has 64K and about 50 of that has been chasing trout! I owned her less than two months when I put her on a 6K mile road trip to Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado in search of native salmonids (8 species). This year I plan to put her to the test again: NM, AZ, CA, and 10 new species.

She's been up Greenbrier twice so, if a 3-ton greyhound meets a "bug" sliding sidways on single-track, who wins? :biggrin:

Chris