PDA

View Full Version : Canon Powershot D10

Troutman
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I am in the market for a new point & shoot dig camera. I've read a lot of reviews on the different waterproof cameras and would like to know if anyone on here has the Canon D10?
I'm also interested in the Pentax W80 if anyone has anything to share about it.

gburris
02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I use the Olympus 850 Stylus S/W proof. Everything is simple and the buttons and
zoom are easy to use one handed when you want to picture your fish. 8 megapixel
gives some really nice picts.

The Principal
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I bought a Pentax W80 back in the fall. It is a very good camera and does
a great job. Even with an amateur such as myself. I had a Pentax W30 and
the W80 is a great upgrade for the same money. The anti -shake is much better
on the W80.

Jubal
02-01-2010, 09:56 PM
what about the one walmart sells now? i think it's a fuji? anybody own/use one???

MtnMike
02-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Troutman,

I have the older Pentax w60 and like it a lot. I have heard good things about the Canon, I remember reading a review on several waterproof digital cameras last year at dpreview.
You can find the intro page
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/
or skip to the conclusion at
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/page17.asp

Posted the review above because the Canon was the winner, but the older Pentax w60 also performed well.

Don't know where you are shopping but I have been very pleased with B&H photo.

Mike

Troutman
02-02-2010, 11:43 AM
That brings up another question. I've priced several cameras on the net and have kind of narrowed it down to 3. The canon D10, panasonic TS1, and the pentax W80. You mentioned B&H photo. What online sites have you had good service from, and what ones should we stay clear of?
I would really rather buy from a local dealer like Thompsons photo in Knoxville. camera shops are becoming a thing of the past like most other specialty stores.

buzzmcmanus
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
What online sites have you had good service from,...?

cameralandny.com

I buy all my rifle scopes, binoculars, cameras, rangefinder, and soon a spotting scope from them.

sammcdonald
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
crutchfields in virginia and tiger direct

Grumpy
02-03-2010, 12:13 AM
what about the one walmart sells now? i think it's a fuji? anybody own/use one???

I believe the link MtnMike posted about DP review covers it, the Fuji rated poorly.
I have the Olympus 850 as well, it rates higher than the newer Tough series from Olympus.
I've never heard any negative comments from Pentax Optio owners & the Canon mentioned here sounds good as well.
I hear Sony has finally released one, i shoot a Sony DSLR & have been very pleased with it, i'll check it out when i see one, i'm partial to my 850 for P&S though;)

Grumpy

silvercreek
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Jubal, for what it is worth, I was in Target yesterday and they had the Fuji on clearance for $130.

GrouseMan77
02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I bought a great point & shoot a couple years ago. I got a Panasonic DMC-TZ3. I know that that the model has changed a little but not too much. The camera is great. It has a 10X optical zoom and the battery will last all weekend. I don't use it as much since I got an SLR but if something happens to it I will get a replacement asap.

Jubal
02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Jubal, for what it is worth, I was in Target yesterday and they had the Fuji on clearance for $130.

thanks man, i'm just curious if it's worth a darn. nobody seems to be using one as I've asked a couple times here and on another board. for the price it seems worth it. i've been carrying a regular digital but i'm trying my luck with it not being waterproof.