PDA

View Full Version : G-Loomis Cross Current

Carolina Boy
02-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I have an option at buying a Loomis Cross Current 10 weight 3 piece. I need a 10 for a trip to Mexico as well as a false albacore tip in the fall, I am getting the rod from a guide buddy for half of what they cost new. was wondering if any of y'all own one or have an opinion. Thanks

Barry

Knothead
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Loomis rods are good quality and cast nice. I don't think you will go wrong with it. I knew a rodbuilder that preferred Loomis over some of the other pricey rods on the market.

ttas67
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I had one in a 6wt at one time, it was a great rod. I've thought about getting one in 9 or 10wt for stripers. Get it, it's good.

flyred06
02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I had a 10wt and loved it. It is a really fast rod but cast like a bullet in the wind. I used it for false albacore and stripers. They have a great quality about them, beautiful finish and feel great. You want go wrong with that rod choice especially if you like extra fast action rods. Half price is nice also.

Carolina Boy
02-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks boys, I think i am gonna pull the trigger on this one, I have a friend that was gonna build me one but i think that this is too good to pass up, by the way check out the 7 weight State of SC (my home state) theme rod at my buddies blog, it is like a work of art!

http://palmettocustomrods.blogspot.com/