PDA

View Full Version : New Shirt

bigpopper
02-13-2010, 12:51 PM
I would really like to get new long-sleaved shirt for fishing. There are alot of them out there, but my big question is weather to go with cotton or poly/blend. I'm looking for a shirt that gives great movement and will be cool enough for summer use. Thanks in advance for the input. :smile:

Dancing Bear
02-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Go with the poly/nylon. They dry quickly and feel very close to cotton. The cotton will stay wet if you take a swim, which I have a bad habit of doing. Cabela's Guideware shirts have huge chest pockets and a vented back. Columbia shirts are good also.

Mike

ALflygirl
02-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I like the Patagonia Sunshade shirts.

BlueRaiderFan
02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I've found the poly blend to be a little rough on some of the more sensetive chest areas (kind of rhymes with corrolla...:redface:), but that's just me. But, polyblends dry better.

Carolina Boy
02-14-2010, 09:45 PM
where you gonna be fishing, makes a difference in material choice

Scott Spencer
02-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I've found the poly blend to be a little rough on some of the more sensetive chest areas Glad I am not the only one who has had this problem. I really need to wear an underneath shirt but that defeats the purpose of the poly blend shirt. :mad:

JohnH0802
02-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I like the Exofficio air strip lite shirts for summer in the low country, and actually for summer in the mountains too. You can get decent deals sometimes on Sierra Trading Post.

Troutman
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I like the Columbia Bahama II shirts OK, but my favorite is the "Bob's favorite tech shirt" that Feathercraft sells. I like the zipper close vertical pockets over velcro closures.

buzzmcmanus
02-15-2010, 12:49 PM
My favorite is the Under Armour Delta Long Sleeve Shirt. SPF of 50+, vertical zippered pockets, moisture wicking, fast drying, comes in muted/natural colors, etc.... The only part I don't like is the price. I wouldn't buy a cotton shirt, there are plenty of other options out there that have the look and feel of cotton, but are superior in every way.

92Esquire
02-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Glad I am not the only one who has had this problem. I really need to wear an underneath shirt but that defeats the purpose of the poly blend shirt. :mad:

I should not admit this in public, but on one occasion it was driving me so insane (and I was so far from the car in the Park) that I had to break out the first aid kit and use a couple of band-aids.

bigpopper
02-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the info eveyone! Very helpfull tips. I looked around some online and at the store this weekend. Saw some nice ones between 35-50 bucks, just missed the "winter sale" on a really nice one, 20 bucks, all they had left were small and xxL, thats my luck ! :) Anyways thanks again!

BlueRaiderFan
02-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Glad I am not the only one who has had this problem. I really need to wear an underneath shirt but that defeats the purpose of the poly blend shirt. :mad:

Ha! Seems it's more prevelant than I first suspected! Yeah, me too..."glad I'm not the only one." :biggrin: Oh and I've used the bandaid trick too!:biggrin:

JohnH0802
02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I have never had that problem fishing (I suspect only because I don't get to fish often enough), but have experienced it on numerous occasions while I was in the Marine Corps. The salt from dried sweat makes the problem even worse. One good solution was to wash out the uniform in a plastic trash bag (i.e. put the cammie blouse in the trash bag with some water and swish it around really good, then let the shirt dry out), another option that had some success was a little chapstick on the sore spots.

John

bigpopper
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
where you gonna be fishing, makes a difference in material choice

Local Tn lakes, rivers, and Tailwaters, also end of summer in FL Panhandle.

pineman19
02-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Maybe some of you more sensitive fellas need to get one of Kramer's BROS:biggrin: I have the Bass Pro World Wide poly shirts and they work pretty good for $20 or less when they're on sale. I got a new long sleeve supplex in the mail this week that I may have to break in on the Holston this weekend.

Neal

Mundele
02-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Maybe some of you more sensitive fellas need to get one of Kramer's BROS:biggrin: I have the Bass Pro World Wide poly shirts and they work pretty good for $20 or less when they're on sale. I got a new long sleeve supplex in the mail this week that I may have to break in on the Holston this weekend.

Neal

It's not a "Bro" it's a "Mansierre"

--Matt