PDA

View Full Version : Things maybe lookin up for the Clinch

Rodonthefly
02-17-2010, 03:10 PM
As of this morning they have closed the gates, and even cut back to one gen today. I spoke with a lady at TVA this morning and she told me that they the goal was to get the lake down to winter pull which is 1001 well guess what, it's there. Although I'm not for current on this but I look for them to cut the gens off this weekend, provideing we don't have any rain this week. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tight Lines
Rodney

pineman19
02-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Where are you getting 1001. I am looking at the site now and they have it listed at 1004.4. If that's the case, they have 3 feet to go.

Grannyknot
02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
The TVA site says they are only predicting it to be at 1003 by friday evening. Last time they shut it off it was closer to 998.

I'd welcome any recreation schedule they decide on, but i'm not counting on it until mid march.

GrouseMan77
02-17-2010, 08:04 PM
A little rain in the weekend forecast.

Maurer
02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, Clinch was down to one Gen today. We floated to Peach, well half till we got too cold and rowed the last half to stay warm. Landed about eight in an hour and a half. Average size but all very healthy. I think we my all be in for some good fishing this spring!

ChemEAngler
02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Somebody pinch me..................

I was just about to give up hope on being able to fish it before April. :smile:

Maybe I can find a small window that I can get out there and shake off some of the winter nasties.

waterwolf
02-18-2010, 07:48 AM
I would be surprised if it was off for any length of time for the next few weeks.

waterwolf
02-18-2010, 07:53 AM
http://www.tva.com/river/lakeinfo/op_guides/norris.htm

Until that line comes down a bunch more, the Clinch will run pretty much around the clock. Unless TVA has drastically changed how they operate over the past 6 months.

Scary thing is that with the lake already this high, there may not be much time when they start filling it this spring before it reaches summer pool, which could cause a short season before they crank it up again.

silvercreek
02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Looks like there is a window of opportunity today below Cherokee for you folks in that area. Regards, Silvercreek

pineman19
02-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Things look promising on the Holston for Sunday. Just depends on the timing of the releases. I may give it whirl for the first time since November.

highstick
02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
The Holston seems to have had a few more fishable days than the clinch over the last few months. I was wondering if anyone has been able to get out there? I wouldnt mind giving it a go within the next few days myself.... Has anyone been lately?

ChemEAngler
02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
The Holston seems to have had a few more fishable days than the clinch over the last few months. I was wondering if anyone has been able to get out there? I wouldnt mind giving it a go within the next few days myself.... Has anyone been lately?

I was hoping to get out there tomorrow if the schedule looks decent. Of course the SoHo appears to have a good schedule going now too. Not many choices right now.