PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses color

Mundele
02-21-2010, 03:38 AM
Hey guys,

I'm just about ready to order some prescription Smith sunglasses (looking at the "Maverick" model). I'm thinking of getting the Copper color "polarchromatic" (photochromatic) lens. Is the copper color a good one for the smokies? They also offer grey and amber. I don't want to get lenses that are too dark, since I'm in the shade a lot. That evening glare on the water is killing me with no sunglasses though, once the sun starts toward the horizon I can't see the bottom for the glare and wading gets really tough.

I've never spent this much on glasses before so I'm wanting to make a wise purchase since these'll have to last me for a long time.

--Matt

billyspey
02-21-2010, 07:54 AM
yellow for shade and low light

Mundele
02-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I'm sure yellow would be better for shade and low light but I'm needing to get some that work all-around. Would Copper be that color?

Troutman
02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I like copper lenses. I have a pair of Costa del mar " Zane" with the 580 copper lenses. Great for sightfishing and for low light conditions.

Speck Lover
02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I wear a pair of Smith/Action Optics Boca's with the polarchromatic copper lens, and as with Troutman's Costa Del Mar Zane's, they perform well for sight fishing and low light conditions.

Mundele
02-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I know what I'm ordering...

--Matt

GrouseMan77
02-21-2010, 09:04 PM
amber or copper

Elk riverrat
02-22-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm on my second pair, will order my 3rd pair very soon of the Pardre in bifocal Polarchromic Copper.

I wear them anytime I'm in the car or on the water.

JoelO
02-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Do you think there's much of a difference between the polarchromic brown and the polarchromic copper? I'm looking to get some new perscription sunglasses from Smith and I'm curious if anyone has compared the two lenses.

I had some polarized brown sunglasses and they were a tad dark for mountain streams. They were great for the Caney Fork and, in fact, one of the lenses is resting somewhere in that river. :frown: I would guess that the yellow/amber lenses would be best in the mountains since it pulls in the most light but I'm not interested in that since I want an all around lens.

Smith does offer an few sunglasses that have an interchangeable lens system but it wouldn't work for me since I need perscription lenses.